Vodafone coverage

We have been on Vodafone for years, and never had any problems with signal in East Dulwich - with full signal phone coverage and 5G coverage. For the last few weeks, the signal has been really poor where we live making it difficult to make phone calls from home; and often flipping between 3G/ 4G. 

We are right in the heart of East Dulwich close to Lordship Lane / Co-op / M+S. Not a phone issue as works elsewhere and on 2 separate phones/ SIMS.

Anyone having the same issues or know of antenna / mast issues ? 

Having pressed send, I thought I would check via Vodafone (sorry should have done this first), and it does seem there is an issue with the mobile mast on top of Co-op. Been going on a while though. 

This particular issue has been going on for months! At least from October (2023).  I'm in the same area rarely manage to use my data or receive text messages when at home and always have to rely on using a different service for wifi/wifi calling. 

Ironically, with their "we're switching off 3G" warnings, last week 3G was the only thing you could connect to right through to Forest Hill.

Vodafone, as with many a company, make it very difficult for you to contact them (especially when you have no connection!) to find make your voice and frustrations heard. I'm yet to find the right avenue or receive a response from the company...

The signal has deteriorated significantly in the last few years. There was always a huge dead spot in Peckham (all the way from Lidl to Queens Road station in my experience) but this seems to have spread. I used to get a good signal around Goose Green and Dawson's Heights (at the bottom, not up high) but it's impossible to get calls or data at either spot.

I took this up with Vodafone a year or so ago. They refused to accept that there is a problem in the area. They said they will send someone out to check the signal if they get enough complaints from the area (which is difficult if you can't get through to them).

After I complained in writing, they grudgingly activated the WiFi calling on my plan. This is useful if you're at home without a signal. You can make/receive calls over your WiFi from your mobile without needing to use a separate app like WhatsApp. The problem is that the call drops for a second when the phone decides to flip back to the mobile network. You can turn the mobile network off completely, but then you don't get SMS text messages.

• 1 month later...

The Vodafone website is not showing any issues but I still have absolutely nothing as soon as I head to Lordship Lane (my phone often flips between 3G/4G/E (emergency) but nothing is actually working (if I send whatsapps etc they don’t go). Pretty fed up of it, it’s been months! 

Same here, since last April, near Great Exhibition pub. Particularly bad last autumn and the last two weeks.

I would have jumped already but not sure which network will give me a better signal - the coverage maps for all providers seem to show weak signal here. I’m loathe to switch and have same issue/diff provider.

Vodaphone have been fine on phone and easy to contact in my opinion, but they seem to read from a script trying the same old fixes which do not work. I think they can see coverage is weak but they’ll never concede that they’re oversubscribed / do not provide a good signal.

I’ve also noticed a predictable ’blip’ in voice calls when walking down LL, near parade of shops with Johnnie’s, Baratts, Jade, etc.

If we could mobilise collectively we would maybe have some leverage / recognition.

5 hours ago, pikeyed said:

Same issues. I've just switched to ID Mobile.

ID mobile service was recently out for some time,which was very inconvenient.

They piggyback on 3.

On 17/01/2024 at 07:54, KalamityKel said:

Vodafone, as with many a company, make it very difficult for you to contact them (especially when you have no connection!) to find make your voice and frustrations heard. I'm yet to find the right avenue or receive a response from the company...

I've had success getting around this problem - even for relatively routine issues - by going through Vodafone's online complaint form.  Typically, they respond within 24 hours through a phone call from an actual human being.  Recommended.  Here's the link:

https://complaints.vodafone.co.uk/resource?id=11306244&db=vodafone

If it's this bad it's worth complaining

How do I complain?

If your provider fails to repair a fault by the date promised, or you are unhappy with how long it is taking, follow their formal complaints procedure. This should be explained on their website or by their customer services team.

If your problem is still unresolved after eight weeks, you can complain to an independent Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. Ask your provider for a ‘deadlock’ letter so that you can refer your dispute to the relevant ADR scheme directly before the eight-week mark.

There are two ADR schemes: the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) and Communications Ombudsman. All providers must belong to one of the schemes.

Your provider will tell you which scheme it is a member of, or you can use our ADR checker.

11 hours ago, RoM said:

I've had success getting around this problem - even for relatively routine issues - by going through Vodafone's online complaint form.  Typically, they respond within 24 hours through a phone call from an actual human being.  Recommended.  Here's the link:

https://complaints.vodafone.co.uk/resource?id=11306244&db=vodafone

I've had some back and forth on the issue via this route.

Have been advised I need to wait until after the 11th March, when maintenance work is meant to have been completed to resolve the ongoing issues (since October), before pursuing any claims for compensation.

I have also been released from my contract, without any exit fees, should I wish to move on!  This is last part is quite annoying.  WHY should I have to move on?  Am I not a valued customer? 😐 

Our household has Vodafone, EE and O2 phones for work and leisure.  We have found O2 have by far the worst customer service (they seem to actively try to time you out and reply just before the OFCOM deadlock 8 week deadline hits and their call centre seems to just disconnect you at random - possibly because some staff are located in South Africa and they unreliable electricity?).  O2 are also the most complained about per subscriber on the OFCOM website.