Hunting a residential care home for my 76yo father - any recommendations, please?

Hi, I'm in urgent need of a residential care home for my father who has been in hospital for nearly a month. He was living with us before. Does anyone have any recommendations, please? Thank you. 

The Elms in Barry Road has a consistent good reputation. Residential and like most homes- expensive. If your father qualifies for financial assistance from Social Services- they will not be able to meet the full fees so you will need to do a 3rd party contribution of a few hundred pounds. Age UK have good leaflets re care home funding as this is quite a complicated issue.

Greenhithe in Brayards Road Peckham also has a good reputation . Run by Anchor Care Homes?

Rose Court in Rotherhithe.

Most care homes have a waiting list.  Has your father been assessed by the Hospital Discharge Team Social Worker? The assessment will advise whether he needs a residential or nursing home. Also will undertake a financial assessment of his income and savings.

• Like 1

The Elms is under new ownership. It has had mixed reviews. Not sure how it is now. 
I was looking into finding a Care Home a year ago. Visited Manley Court Care Home. A Bupa home on the site of the old Millwall football ground. Was impressed with the home & staff.

Peartree Care Home on Sydenham Road always gets good reviews.

Not heard about new ownership of Elms  it is a Methodist home. Had new Care Manager in last few months, most of the old staff seem to ne there.

Manley Court has a variable history - depending on Managers and staffing.

7 hours ago, Pugwash said:

Not heard about new ownership of Elms  it is a Methodist home. Had new Care Manager in last few months, most of the old staff seem to ne there.

Manley Court has a variable history - depending on Managers and staffing.

The Elms was South East London Baptist. Is now a Mission Care home.

Edited by dresswaves