Anger issues in an 8yr old advice/recommendations please

Looking for some advice/recommendations please.  I have an angry 8yr old who is having serious trouble managing emotions of any kind. This is now moved from home to school and is getting worse (especially the anger even over the smallest of things).  Does anyone have any experience of this and what did you do? Does Anger management for children exist? I don't know where to turn. 

Edited by clairebear8283

Yes. It’s worth googling the ‘coke bottle effect’ and anger in kids, which explains how children can struggle to contain emotions and then explode, often seemingly over the little things (but which have become huge to them) Have you talked to school about any issues there? Do they have a learning support person who might be able to shed any light or help?  Also perhaps consider speaking to a play therapist for a child of that age about whether some support would be beneficial;  or a counsellor/psychologist who supports parents, so you can have a chat about how you can help him manage it (and feel supported yourself in doing so) 

We are having similar problems with our 8 year old grandson. In the last couple of years he has exploded at both home and school. His parents split 3/4 years ago and he sees his father (who lives 200 plus miles away) every 2-3 weekends plus holidays as well as talking on phone several times a week.  A new male teacher at his school keeps in regular touch with my daughter and has confirmed that last autumn when he was 7, he had a reading age of 9 plus was working with maths and science subjects at a 9/10 year old level. He is very good with computers and at Christmas successfully guided his 24 year old graduate aunt through some complicated PowerPoint work. (She  is very good with IT generally and was surprised that her nephew was so advanced)

School is meeting my daughter next week to discuss a 'behavioural plan' along with the SENCO. They recognise that computers are 'his thing' and he will be allowed to have 20 mins at end of each day to do coding, but 10 minutes only if he has an outburst. The rest of the plan to be discussed next week. My daughter has been in touch with Young Minds and there is a 2 year waiting list for CAMS. A psychological assessment and interview plus  report will cost in the region  of £800 plus privately.

My grandson is possibly frustrated as clearly academically advanced - hopefully the new plan will work

I would communicate with the school ASAP if you haven't already. My friend had a very similar issue with her son, the school (SENCO) were amazing & pointed her in the right direction. Good luck & i really hope your son & yourself get all the help you need to get through this x