Laundrette/Laundry Service Recommendations

I tried a service wash in Brockley and it was not good at all so then tried an online one following Jules-and-Boo's suggestion (thankyou).  I tried Love2Laundry.  It was more expensive than a local service wash but the duvets came back clean. So I will use again.  They collect and drop off.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Local dry cleaners may be able to help as well.

Local dry cleaners just use local launderettes, and up the price.

Or at least that's what used to happen at the dry cleaners near the Post Office, according to a launderette.

You used to see the duvets piled up in their window. If they still do this, they must hide them somewhere!

You can't dry clean duvets.

Edited by Sue

I tried a service wash in Brockley and it was not good at all so then tried an online one following Jules-and-Boo's suggestion (thankyou).  I tried Love2Laundry.  It was more expensive than a local service wash but the duvets came back clean. So I will use again.  They collect and drop off.

Sounds a good idea - how long did they take to do? When we used Wash and Dry in LL took in morning and  collected late afternoon.

2 hours ago, jazzer said:

well I've had mine dry cleaned

Maybe the process used has changed then. Or maybe it depends on the filling.

But you certainly didn't used to be able (sorry for bad grammar) to have them dry cleaned, because of the chemicals used.

And dry cleaners did certainly used to (bad grammar again) take them in for cleaning and then just send them to a local launderette.

Without letting on to their customers, obviously!

36 minutes ago, civilservant said:

the launderette on Bellenden Road is pretty good - and a cleaner and less frantic experience than Wash and Dry on LL ever was. But I gather that it's also due to close - the owner is waiting for the buyer to get funds together..

That’s a shame. Do you know what the premises will become?

On 06/02/2024 at 17:22, Sue said:

Maybe the process used has changed then. Or maybe it depends on the filling.

But you certainly didn't used to be able (sorry for bad grammar) to have them dry cleaned, because of the chemicals used.

And dry cleaners did certainly used to (bad grammar again) take them in for cleaning and then just send them to a local launderette.

Without letting on to their customers, obviously!

I’m quite sure the dry cleaner near the Post Office took the duvets to the launderette on LL/corner of Pellatt Road.  One of the women who worked there told me.

19 hours ago, Froglander said:

That’s a shame. Do you know what the premises will become?

I’m quite sure the dry cleaner near the Post Office took the duvets to the launderette on LL/corner of Pellatt Road.  One of the women who worked there told me.

Yes, that's the dry cleaner I was thinking of. 

Though I believe they used to take them to the launderette in Lordship Lane on the same side as them, towards what is now the Picture House.

That closed down a long time ago, so possibly after that they used the one at the end of Pellatt Road.

They used to have piles of duvets in their window for all to see (the dry cleaners, not the launderette!)

All gentrified now 😂

Edited by Sue

On 06/02/2024 at 07:49, Moovart said:

Which one was this, just so I know where to avoid?!?

We always have our duvets dry cleaned at the Dry cleaners in Forest Hill (Dartmouth road next door to Bunka)

been doing so for years and they never have a chemical smell and come back spotlessly clean.

In fact he dry cleans all our clothes and they never smell 'chemical'

1 hour ago, NewWave said:

We always have our duvets dry cleaned at the Dry cleaners in Forest Hill (Dartmouth road next door to Bunka)

been doing so for years and they never have a chemical smell and come back spotlessly clean.

In fact he dry cleans all our clothes and they never smell 'chemical'

Screenshot_20240212-203337.thumb.png.06fc79f75574d21ffc5127df08aa3cd2.png