Barclays bank Rye Lane - windows smashed and protest slogan across front of bank

Went past earlier today, not sure when it happened but all the glass panels have been smashed by what looks like a hammer and huge slogan across the front spray painted.

4 hours ago, kiera said:

Barclays may be quite happy about it - it gives them a good excuse to close the Peckham branch.

I thought it had already closed!

Lots of speculation.  Maybe wait to hear what happened.  It's a bit of a war zone there, despite all the great things that have happened to Peckham, and I am working there at the moment, lots of criminality at Barclays.  Not speculation, but from a meeting had with one of the advisors.  Not staff but old school thieves 

7 hours ago, jazzer said:

Went past earlier today, not sure when it happened but all the glass panels have been smashed by what looks like a hammer and huge slogan across the front spray painted.

What was the slogan?

55 minutes ago, malumbu said:

Lots of speculation.  Maybe wait to hear what happened.  It's a bit of a war zone there, despite all the great things that have happened to Peckham, and I am working there at the moment, lots of criminality at Barclays.  Not speculation, but from a meeting had with one of the advisors.  Not staff but old school thieves 

Lots of criminality at Barclays? Old school thieves? Are we talking scams at the ATMs, people being robbed after getting cash out, or what?

19 hours ago, jazzer said:

Did  the slogan not give a clue as to why this was done? 

What was it?

I googled yesterday and couldn't find anything online about this.

13 hours ago, Sue said:

What was the slogan?

Lots of criminality at Barclays? Old school thieves? Are we talking scams at the ATMs, people being robbed after getting cash out, or what?

yes the slogan gave an explicit clue to what this was all about, there were two days of action against the bank nationally, with an extensive list of targeted branches funding+stop++Barclays+genocide

On 08/03/2024 at 12:10, jazzer said:

yes the slogan gave an explicit clue to what this was all about, there were two days of action against the bank nationally, with an extensive list of targeted branches funding+stop++Barclays+genocide

If that was a link,it doesn't work.

Or was that what the slogan said?

Oh ok I googled and found this:

Screenshot_20240309-151411.thumb.png.b77c73be1cd43631afc94c97fecb3e93.png

Posted (edited)

~~I'm not posting what was painted across the frontage, Admin would rightly ban me. 

Look at what you think the link was, the clue is in the words when put in the right order

Edited by jazzer