Can anyone recommend a good roofer for repairs?

• 2 months later...

Just for anyone still searching: We had Geoff round, charged us ?200 to clean some leaves off the roof (whatever the job it is ?200!), ignored all the obvious repair work that needed doing, put a bit of silicone on top. Then when the leaks got worse he returned, decided repairs were needed and said he would give us a quote. That was a month ago. Doesn't return calls or messages even though he knew we were waiting to get the roof fixed while water is seeping in.

Have spoken to Russell and had him round. Seems like a good guy and his recommendations all made a lot of sense. But he is a busy man - expect to wait.

Seems hard to find roofers who care about what they do, loads of cowboy "builders" out there who will happily botch the job. So much work about that London roofers are drowning in it so definitely worth looking well outside London and making it worth their commute in. Make absolutely sure to get at least 3 quotes.

• 3 weeks later...
I rang up Russell after all the other recommendations here. Totally lived up to his excellent reputation. Had water pouring through and he got up an hour early this morning so he wouldn't be late for his other customers. Spotted the problem instantly, fixed it in five minutes, charged a fair price and then rushed off so he wouldn't keep anyone waiting. Top man. Totally professional and straight down the line. Strongly recommend him. He can be called on 07852 972 052.

WhyBoilerWhy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just for anyone still searching: We had Geoff

> round, charged us ?200 to clean some leaves off

> the roof (whatever the job it is ?200!), ignored

> all the obvious repair work that needed doing, put

> a bit of silicone on top. Then when the leaks got

> worse he returned, decided repairs were needed and

> said he would give us a quote. That was a month

> ago. Doesn't return calls or messages even though

> he knew we were waiting to get the roof fixed

> while water is seeping in.

>

> Have spoken to Russell and had him round. Seems

> like a good guy and his recommendations all made a

> lot of sense. But he is a busy man - expect to

> wait.

>

> Seems hard to find roofers who care about what

> they do, loads of cowboy "builders" out there who

> will happily botch the job. So much work about

> that London roofers are drowning in it so

> definitely worth looking well outside London and

> making it worth their commute in. Make absolutely

> sure to get at least 3 quotes.

Hi

Are you referring to the Geoff I recommended?

Thanks

Monica

Edited for typo

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I have used alot of roofing company's in the past but for a professional service and someone who takes pride in there work I can highly recommend Steve of Advanced roofing who I was recommended from EDF.I have to say a top tradesman hard to find these days contact 07748 524676

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I would like to say McCann Roofing are one of the best tradesmen I have ever worked with.

Caz and his team were very professional and kept me informed the whole time and cant recommend them enough.

His number is 07986447893. website www.mccannroofing.com

He has extensive reviews on here and all over the web if you look him up on google.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I used Russell Perring (RJP Roofing) on 07852 972 052 after a recommendation on this board. It was during the storms so Russell was quite busy and said he wouldn't be able to get to me for a while but once I explained it was a a small job (a c couple of tiles had fallen off) he managed to fit it in after one of his other jobs and the problem was fixed 24 hours later!

He also looked at another part of roofing on my extension which was looking dodgy and gave me some roof sealant to tide me over until the summer when I hope to get the whole thing replaced.

Didn't feel like I was being taken for a ride and would certainly recommend (and hope to use him later on in the year when I get the roof replaced in full).

• 1 month later...

Yes Monica, Geoff really let us down in a terrible way. He seemed such a nice guy but he basically took our money and ran. When we got other quotes for the work after he "disappeared" they couldn't believe what he had done and what he had charged. Turns out that shoving some silicone in a bit of brickwork doesn't fix a roof that badly needs leadwork replacing!

As Russell was so busy we had to go with someone else and eventually ended up with D&J Roofing Dulwich. They are not a bad organisation, the guy who comes out to estimate is experienced, their scaffold guys are excellent, their roofers are not much for conversation but they got the job done and for half the price of some of the cowboys.

Most importantly, they guarantee all their work for 10 years in writing (not some insurance rubbish, they will come and fix it themselves) and this can be transferred if you sell. For us this is worth a lot.

• 4 months later...

Archived