• safa2020 changed the title to Bugaboo Bee
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Latest Discussions

• Hello, apologies for radio silence. Thanks for the insight, some useful elements here, and I've even had some 'very' interesting direct messages, so I'm glad I posted. Regarding the comments, I'm quite aware that my budget is probably flirting with houses in the village but I'm not really keen to go any further SE than the bottom end of Lordship, and ideally to the West of it. Reasons are not pure snobbery, most of my mates/family etc all live out SW, it already is 20 minutes further away from all of that by looking at the Village sort of area.  Have looked at a few things since this post, and the good news mostly is that almost everywhere we've been (mostly around WD and a couple in DV itself) is MUCH more inline with what we're looking for than where we are in terms of neighbourhood. One issue I've identified with WD however is that its a bit of a blackspot for decent London parks on foot. But interesting discussion for sure.
    • The £2bn set aside nationally for cycling and walking is for a 5 year period. It's about 1.5% of the total transport budget and I'd be surprised if it covers much more than maintenance. Outside the capital very, very little has been done to improve cycling infrastructure, which is probably why increases in active travel have been modest. The article you've linked to suggests that London should be used as a model for other cities, as improvements here have led to big increases in cycling (a 20% increase since 2019). Cycling in London now accounts for the equivalent of around a third of all tube journeys, or a quarter of bus journeys respectively.
    • I passed my test with Nick from Nicholas Driving Acadamy 15 months ago first time at Sevenoaks.    Because I haven’t driven much since passing I have gone back to Nick to help me with motorway and rural driving which Nick is really good at.   I would recommend anyone who is an anxious or want to learn to drive, Nick is great with any age group.    You can contact him via the following contact number; 07956221706 Just a mention Nick only works part time.
    • Two of my neighbours 50yds apart reported an orange ball coming right at them. One is quite PTSDd by it still. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In