blocked external drains - recommendations required

cakey

Would have no hesitation at all in recommending Jon from Drains and Mains: 07771 586759

He recently unblocked ours as well as installing a whole new waste system. He got the job done on time and was very reasonable, clean and tidy with his work.

Thank you so much for PM msgs and update on here. I managed to speak to Dave from Down The Drain who came out, gave me some great (free) advice and left me his card should the problem not clear. What a lovely helpful man. Thanks again all and thank you Dave! cakey

I second the recommendation for Jon from Drains and Mains. He cleared a blocked drain for me this morning at a VERY reasonable price. Friendly and considerate to boot! Would have no hesitation in using again, but hope I don't have to in the near future!

From the Thames Water site.

If you're unsure who is responsible for clearing a blocked drain or sewer, you may find the following information helpful.

It may be the property owner's responsibility if:

Only one property is experiencing problems

The property doesn't share drainage with any other property

There is no other flooding in the local area

It may be our responsibility if we have public sewers in the area and at least one of the following applies:

The problem is outside your property boundary

More than one property is experiencing problems

There is widespread sewer flooding in the area

If you think there is a blockage or if your property has been flooded by our public sewer, please call us on 0845 9200 800 and one of our team will be here to help, 24 hours a day.