Passports - How long does it take?

Otta

I recently got my daughter's first passport and applied through the Post Office. The passport office texted me about 5 days later to confirm receipt and then it was 16 days before it came through so you should be fine

We just got our daughter's first passport, it was much quicker than they say on their website! We posted the application on Monday 15th July (not check and send, just normal 2nd class recorded delivery), they texted to say it had arrived on the 18th and we got her passport last week on Saturday 31st July, so it took 3 weeks in total for ours.

Hi OverTheRainbows, ours was end of June. Passport office confirmed receipt on 26th June and it was back 11th/12th July

It was more expensive through the post office but as it was 8 weeks before our holiday, I was paranoid I'd get something wrong on the form/with the ID and would get it sent back!

Good luck - I'm sure you'll have enough time :-)

Hi, we just had to get an emergency appointment & they said it would be back in a week, it took 2 or 2 1/2 I think.

We had two people counter sign ( I used the wrong pen 1st time) & they both said that they had been written to on all the applications they had been asked to sign recently, sure enough they were written to this time & they have to write back, so this can really slow things down.