Football Focus

Otta

This time last season Yanited had one more point than they have under Van Fail, with the same number of games played. Will he be given the luxury of time that wasn't afforded to Moyes? Of course he will, the decision makers can't be seen to have their judgement called in to question again so quickly. But I digress. Southampton have proved a host of doubters wrong and currently sit second in the table. After off loading so many players during the summer, that is indeed an achievement. Given the circumstances I'd say that ranks along side the Chavs performance thus far, and with a fraction of their resources. Well played,.............thus far anyway.

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wonder if we Arsenal fans have become blind to

> Song's virtues?

>

> I was glad to see the back of him, didn't think he

> would work out at Barcelona and was glad we didn't

> resign him

>

> But he DID have some great games for us and it is

> possible he is maturing as a person and able to

> tone down his more petulant side. West Ham's

> gain...

The decent games for us were few and far between, yes he did have a good game at the weekend, but that will be the exception rather than the rule. Good luck to West Ham, maybe they can get some value out of him. Talking of value, Balotelli anyone?

Not sure what to say about Bolotelli. He's had three times as many hair styles as goals so far this season.

Football amd goals aside, at least Suarez was a proper loon. Mario is just like a big toddler.

And yet he has a decent track record, so I just need to keep hoping the goals will come, and tgat Sturridge gets fit quickly and doesn't take long to find his form!

I think it could. Liverpool's best performance this season was their win at Spurs when Sturridge and Mario played together. I think Mario needs another striker to play off rather than the lone striker role he's been playing in Sturridge's absence. It's a role that just doesn't suit him, and I'm surprised that Lambert hasn't been given more game time...

Me too RD. He's openly said he's not comfprtable in the role, yet Rogers persists in playing him there and keeps saying "he's getting in the right positions, it'll come".

I'm not dissing Rogers, I have plenty of time for him, but if a striker is not confident up front alone, and you have another one warming the bench (who could be pretty good at lay offs) why not play them together more?

Not that that is Liverpool's only problem at the moment.

But yes, the Spurs match made me think we'd be pushing on from last season. That feels like a looooooooong time ago now.

I think liverpool have a decent team but they just need to start playing as a team like they were last season.

its a lot of new players at once they need to get there chemistry togerther and balotelli needs to start performing. and filling his boots.

I don't. It wasn't about Scholes being shy, it was about him being a footballer and wanting to avoid the limelight that he saw his mate Becks enjoying.

He's now a retired footballer with a new career.

God I can't stand the fact I'm sticking up for Scholes, but Keane is just being such an unbelieveable prick.

All his old team mates should go round his gaff mob handed and just kick the shit out of him.

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

> @MickMac: fancy ?10 on it?

Ha. Good to see you come out of retirement PGC. It's gonna be a big one and Super Ally thinks it could fill the Maracana! It's a great draw in that it's at the end of January so will keep the tabloids and old firm banter going for 3 months.

it had better not be on BT Sport.

El Pibe Wrote:

> as my mate said, keano, the gift that keeps on

> giving

>

> http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-socce

> r/roy-keane-paul-scholes-was-too-lazy-to-do-interv

> iews-at-united-maybe-there-is-more-money-in-it-for

> -him-now-30705655.html?utm_source=indoshare&utm_me

> dium=socialoremail&utm_campaign=indoshare

>

> though im inclined to agree with him on this.

Keane having a go at someone for having a career in the media, this from a man that has "written" 2 literary matersworks. The image of Jason McAteer scribbling an imginary not under Keanes nose comes to mind.

So Mick/Declan BFS....Saka's out so tactical genius BFS reverts to type and sticks Downing out wide and plays Valencia up front alone. We proceed to get right royally trumped until 2-0 down he's forced to bring on another striker and move Downing into the diamond. Then our quality gets us back to 2-2.....

I'm not a football genius but when I saw the formation pre- kick off I did think has the fat idiot really learnt anything from our success so far this season. Them spots are proving hard to change.

Weren't BFS's hands tied a bit with Sakho being out injured? I don't think many teams play two up front away from home anyway. Cole seems to have been used more as an impact sub this season, and Carroll isn't yet ready. I reckon part of his injury problems stem from being rushed back too soon in the past.

BFS probably decided to play it tight with the option to throw Cole on for last 20mins. The West Ham of recent years wouldn't have come back like that, good job BFS is so adaptable :) ...