Warning: Payless Food & Wine

A Thomas

Warning: Payless Food & Wine 24 Lordship lane are duplicating Credit/ Debit card transactions ie you pay for your goods twice but the transaction comes up as two different payments on bank statements, they refuse to give back the money stating that your bank should cover your losses , even when you provide evidence

like bank statements and debit card transaction numbers stamped and dated from the bank! do not use your

cards in this shop! They have be reported to Action Fraud... be warned!

Jeremy

Partly because you would hear more about it. Shop has been there forever. This forum has been going 7 years

I've used it without problems

Not saying ms Thomas ( sorry ) hasn't been a victim but there is a slightly ott tone to the posts which suggests there may be more to the story

London Underground did this to me last year, think this happens sometimes.

No recompense or way of complaining - so I gave up.

A Thomas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It happened to me it's been very stressful...I

> hope the same will happen to you! I'd like

> to see you charged for an item twice on your debit

> /credit card and accept it!

A Thomas Wrote:

> Warning: Payless Food & Wine 24 Lordship lane are

> duplicating Credit/ Debit card transactions ie you

> pay for your goods twice but the transaction comes

> up as two different payments on bank statements,

> they refuse to give back the money stating that

> your bank should cover your losses , even when you

> provide evidence

You could send a Letter Before Action with copies of the relevant evidence, and tell them that you will take action for recovery in the county court if they do not refund you. Post here a scan or photograph of your bank statement (with any private information redacted) showing the duplicate transactions, if you want our opinion of that as evidence, or to persuade doubters.

A Thomas Wrote:

> Warning: Payless Food & Wine 24 Lordship lane are

> duplicating Credit/ Debit card transactions ie you

> pay for your goods twice but the transaction comes

> up as two different payments on bank statements,

Are you sure this is an ongoing issue and not just a one off connection problem? Often if the point of sale device is having issues connecting through to the other end the machine will try again and again until it does - sometimes resulting in two payments (or more) going through.

Do you recall any issues with the machine when you paid? did you accidentally take the card out mid process and quickly put it in again? did the shop assistant mention any problems? did you enter your pin more than once?

Of course it will go through as two separate transactions as its simply not possible for two identical payments (with the same authorisation code) to be produced.

I think it unfair, unless it's a proven continuing and known problem, to target this establishment advising people not to use cards as their chosen method of payment.

Archived