Telegraph Hill - Doctors

frankie77

Afternoon All,

I will soon be departing E Dulwich and moving to Telegraph Hill with the family, I know T Hill has a forum, I'm just waiting to be set up (apparently!)

Talking to a friend I understand a lot of people who live there still use the EDF!

So, I wondered if anyone could recommend a local surgery around there? I'm currently at DMC on Crystal Palace Road.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Frankie

If you have a good Doctor then keep him, ED is only ten minutes drive away. The voice of experience!!!

The Turnham Rd Group Practice and Queens Rd Practice are near: large multi doctor practices, I have seen one of the surgeries packed with 20 people in an evening queue to see the receptionists and a warning notice on one practice wall to only discuss one problem at an appointment. There is the Waldron Centre too near New Cross station but with multi doctor practices that large, the more people attending a practice the more likely you are to catch something else. There is one small surgery on the hill in Vesta Rd with two doctors who are very nice but very slow. Suggest you read the NHS reviews. The best Doctor in the area was closed down as his practice was a house with no disabled access.

Yes, we do tend to use the EDF, Telegraph Hill is as it says just a hill and small surrounding area. It is an old plague burial ground so it is not permitted to trade on it and open shops etc, although the Hill Cafe get away with it and quite a bit goes on at the community centre, so it is very nice but very quiet, you have to go to ED for anything interesting. I was born here nearly 60 years ago so I know it well. You dont need a cleaner when you get here do you?. I advertize on Trades and Services on THF- anne maple 100. Best of luck in your new home. Anne

I lived on Telegraph Hill for 7 years and recently moved. I have stayed with my doctor at Queen's Rd Practice (Dr. Henry Butler) who used to have the aforementioned surgery on Gellatley Rd which closed as it was a converted house. He is brilliant and whenever I have had to see another doctor at short notice, all of them at QRP have been excellent and very conscientious. They operate an emergency appointment system and yes, you may need to wait for an appointment after hours but they do their best to accommodate you the same day. David, one of the receptionists, couldn't be more helpful. A shout out, too, for Lloyd's Pharmacy round the corner, too. They will organise your repeat prescriptions and couldn't be more helpful.

Good luck with your move to TH. It is a lovely spot.

I was gutted to move from SE15 where I was registered with the Nunhead Grove surgery to SE14, knowing I'd have to reregister (keeping GP out of catchment has never been an option for me Anne Maple?) - Did loads of research into which practices were recommended - think there's one on Vesta Road that had broadly good feedback but the Queens Rd Partnership had the edge and is closer to us. It's big, across two locations, shabby, and busy, but they've been brilliant so far - my partner was badly injured in a bike accident and had several appointments there and I had reason during pregnancy to see a doctor urgently who was great.

We also had to use the walk-in clinic at the Waldron Centre in New Cross - they were also good - and if we were a bit closer I might have chosen to register with the GPs there as it's popular and nice.

Hope that helps!

Archived