Can you recommend a door company

Shanika

Dear Reviewer101,

Help. I have just PM'd you but calling out for anyone else on here with information or you.

Voysey and Jones have over ?2500 as a deposit of mine and have vanished.

I can't afford to lose that amount of money, my husband was recently made redundant.

I first started a dialogue with them in June. Door was due to be fitted before xmas.

Not had any contact for 3 weeks. What can I do next?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Snow Leopard and Reviewer101

I'm also a Voysey and Jones customer and wondering what to do next! We've also paid most of it up front and been left with a half finished job. I suspect 59 BPR Ltd (previously Voysey and Jones) will be liquidated soon and would be interested in getting in touch with other customers to share information on how we might be able to get our money back.

Dear All,

I?m James and I run The London Door Company office in Penge.

We have, over the past few days, been contacted by a number of V&J?s customers and employees all chasing Nick Daulby. Based on what we?ve been told it does seem very likely that V&J have gone out of business.

I wanted to post here to be very clear that there is no connection between The London Door Company and Voysey and Jones. We take no pleasure in hearing that people have lost out, especially this close to Christmas. If you have uncompleted work I?m personally happy to visit any SE customers to see what we might be able to do to help. You can call me on 07967 381613. If you're not in South East London please contact our head office 0207 8010877 and ask for Kerry. He and I are on hand and would like to help in any way we can.

Here's what we can disclose about what?s gone on before:

Until late 2012 Nick operated a London Door Company Franchise office in Highbury; sadly it ended very badly and we at LDC were suddenly left picking up the pieces of lots of unresolved jobs. Unbeknownst to us and totally against our operating procedures, Nick had been taken large deposits and seemingly had no intention of fulfilling the jobs. He had already set up the new Voysey and Jones company months before quitting his franchise in 2012.

Here?s what we know about the current V&J situation:

V&J was recently liquidated and a new trading company 59 BPR Ltd. was listed. We?ve been told today that machinery has been removed from their workshops and V&J carpenters were told on Friday that the company no longer existed.

Given that Nick has previous form on this and I'm sure there will be many people left in the lurch, we are happy to take details and put any affected parties in touch with each other as you'll be stronger together.

This is also not the first time that an ex-LDC team member has gone off and built a business on being "just like us"; when The Door People folded 8-9 years ago we managed to get enough people in touch with each other together that the chap involved ended up leaving the country.

Once again, all of us at LDC are really sorry to hear that people have been caught out. We?re not looking to profit from the situation, but would like to take the opportunity to offer our support and would be happy to help in any way we can.

Please don?t hesitate to get in touch if you need.

James

Hello Opal130,

We are in a similar position having paid most of the money for a Voysey & Jones door and we now are not able to contact anyone from the company. I also see that a couple of people have posted similar issues on the V&J facebook page. We would be interested in joining forces so as to try to resolve the situation and have our funds returned. It might also be helpful to post something on the V&J facebook page as there are probably others in the same position.

Thank you James, for the earlier information.

(Text removed because of potential inaccuracies which would be libellous and therefore affect the ongoing investigations - Admin)

Complaints can be made to:

1) The Insolvency Service - https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/ExternalOnlineForms/CompanyComplaint.aspx

2) Action Fraud - http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

3) BBC Watchdog - https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Note that on Companies House, it suggests that he has a company which owns a residential property. This means that he does have personal assets, so it may well be worth going after him on a personal level for fraudulently trading while insolvent, as he clearly does have something of value.

Good luck. And everyone learn the lesson - always pay by CREDIT CARD!!!!