Venue suggestions needed for 1st Birthday party... with adults and older children!

emma115

Help everyone!

I have been out of London for a year and decided to come back for my twins first birthday celebration and combine that with a good catch up with friends with older children too.

My first thought was The Herne as it has a separate barn for the babies soft play area and the climbing frame area for the older ones.... and jolly good food and drinks for us adults!

Alas... its booked and I'm now having a meltdown as I can't think of anywhere else as suitable!

It will be early October so tricky weather wise...

PLEASE let me know your suggestions and thank you all in advance!

Emma

You're totally right... can't be booked nor can The Florence.

Think its looking like the Sports Club behind our Dulwich house! Bring on the children's entertainer, bouncy indoor castle, soft play area... and outside catering to boot! Aaaaarrgh!

Hey ho!

Thank you for your helpful suggestions and comments everyone!

We went to a birthday party at Surrey Quays Farm recently. It worked really well. There were kids there of all ages (the birthday boy and girl were 3 year old twins) and they all loved going around the farm first. They had hired a room on site where everyone hung out and had the food afterwards (could get in caterers or do your own sandwiches etc). The farm is also by the Thames so lots of milling about looking at the boats, pebble beach when the tide was out etc. I don't think it was too pricey either. I suppose weather could be a factor in October but you would have an indoor space to mill about in/shelter too. Also, the parents brought along a few beers etc for the adults!