recommendation for electrician please

canela

• 4 months later...

Another recommendation for Gary Vu. He's just come around this evening to fit a chandelier for my wife in our flat. We first tried another electrician recommended on these forums, (and indeed in this thread) but despite promising to come around on a particular day, and even calling him on the morning of the day he said he could make it, he never showed, and I never managed to get hold of him again.

Gary Vu on the other hand was so pleasant to deal with. Rang him, told him the job, explained we both worked so could only do evenings and weekends. Told him my getting home times for the coming two weeks, that evening, once he'd gotten home and checked his diary he confirmed a date with me. On the date I called him in the morning, (again he answered his phone at the first call) and double checked he could still make it. He confirmed he would be round that evening.

At the set time Gary was there, on the dot. Work was completed within 45 mins. He cleaned up after himself and he had also unwrapped all the crystals for my wife, and untangled all the cables of the chandelier. He was also VERY reasonably priced.

Cannot recommend Gary highly enough. Real nice chap to deal with, unassuming and unintrusive, but will happily chat away with you if you would like to have a word about the work and what's best, (my wife also bored him to death with talk of other DIY projects she has going!!) Will definitely use him again when needed. Top guy.

Not necesarily PPS - I have used a couple of electricians on here for larger jobs. However when I just wanted a couple of sockets done I contacted them and several other on the forum. I either got no replies, was told the job was too small or was quoted over the top rates, one being ?150 per socket.

In the end I got someone a freind had used. He was happy to come down from East London for the job and charge, what I considered, a fair rate. You don't always get monkeys for peanuts. Sometimes you get fair hardworking people.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone tried to use Shaun recently? he did as job for me in September/October but i have since had really problems with a light fitting he moved, which seems to have become dangerous. I have been trying to contact him since February about it but he refuses to get back to me.

Archived