Doctors in Sydenham

Mellors

Can anybody recommend a doctors in the Sydenham area? I'm on Wells Park Rd, but have heard mixed reviews of the local surgery?

No special requirements, although the ability to get an appointment within a month (unlike my current surgery who have just made me blow a gasket) would be an advantage.

Thanks

Are you currently with Syd Green? It has seemed "looser" than its usual very good service of late , although that may just be our experience. Over the years we have been pleased with it and am hoping that they have just had a little blip of late (admin side has been poorer of late).

I'm with Wells Park practice, and mixed reviews sounds about right. I've had some very good service from several GPs there, but one particular GP, and the bloody reception staff leave me wanting to punch someone very hard!

But I still prefer them to ED Medical Centre on Crystal Palace Road, who I was with for years before moving to Sydenham, and I suspect EVERY place will have it's good and bad points.

I think there is a special course that medical reception staff have to go on in order to learn how to be a rude bastard.

Im at DMC Crystal Palace Rd form when we lived in ED. they were fab when I was preggers with all the children (ace midwives) but I am so OVER them after yesterday.

Wells Park practice is dead handy, but I think if I have to deal with another stroppy doctor's receptionist I will hit the roof. Has anyone tried Paxton Green in Gypsy Hill?

• 9 months later...

Hello- Im slightly resurrecting this thread as we need to find a good doctor surgery in sydenham area.

Id like one that is good with small infants, as we have a baby/toddler.

We are by Alexandra rec, so sydenham or Penge East I suppose would be ok.

THANKS!