No food for the Goose on Friday :(

Sue

If you are coming to the Jackie Oates gig upstairs @ edt next Friday (18 July) please don't come hungry, as we have just been told that because the restaurant at the EDT has closed for the Summer, there won't be any food.

Please don't let this put you off - it will be another great evening musically (not just Jackie, but two really excellent support acts) and there are lots of other places to eat nearby before the live music starts at 8pm.

Admin - sorry for putting this in the issues/gossip section, but because of the short notice I'm concerned that people who already know about the gig and intend to come won't see my post in the appropriate thread in the "What's On" section because they won't look at that thread again before Friday :-$

I booked at table for the Tim Van Eyken night, at the bar, in the EDT weeks before the gig. When we arrived there was no record of our reservation. After a bit of a fuss a new table was erected and we got to eat.

A month ago I went up to the restaurant to book a table for the Jackie Oates night. I saw the owner and watched her write my name and phone number in the diary. What could possibly go wrong? - - - - She closed the restaurant for the summer and chose not to tell me. If my guests and I had arrived at the EDT tonight, hungry and very disappointed, there is a slim chance that I may have set the building on fire and had a barbecue instead!

Fotunately I am on the 'Goose' mailing list and was forewarned. The restaurant didn't know that though!!

That's really awful. I'm so sorry. I heard about the problem with your table booking at the Tim van Eyken gig. It's disappointing because it reflects on the Goose, and we have never had anything to do with table bookings for food at the EDT.

As you say, lucky you were on the Goose mailing list. We have done our best to let as many people know as possible via our mailing list, MySpace, this forum and the Goose website, but at such short notice (we were told on Sunday) that was the best we could do really :-S

We are just hoping that we won't be lynched by starving mobs tonight :-S

And that it hasn't deterred too many people from what we are hoping will be another night of excellent music :)