Car Door Kicked In.... Barry Road

trentk69

Just a gripe really, but we had our kerbside car door kicked in on Saturday night. The car was parked by the Barry Road / Underhill road junction, and when I went to take my daughter swimming on Sunday morning, I was greeted by the sight of the obviously man made dent in our car door.

They have managed to kick or fall on the lip of the door too, so the dent wont just pop out, meaning a ??? repair job.

Just what I needed. I dont suppose any one saw anything at time (wishfull thinking)

Amazing how some people get their Saturday night kicks (excuse the pun) these days.

I live on Barry road and have seen drunk people walking down the road pulling off the wing mirrors. And on Christmas morning 2012 I was waiting in the car passenger side with our 2 children in the back and a drunk man walking along with a couple of mates. Fell towards my car. Stopped. And smashed my wing mirror off with his elbow!

Called police. Chased the man down the road (in car so I knew where he went) He was from the place at the end of Barry road. Asylum seeker. He was arrested. Pleaded guilty. Receievd a letter from the police to confirm he pleaded guilty and was charged. But we were never given compensation to fix our wing mirror. Such a pointless crime. I just don't get it. And quite scary being sat in the car with my children while this happened.

In my experience this brand of crime is typical of areas where you have long roads such as Barry road.

I have lived in one or two villages with winding lanes which tend to keep your average thug concentrating on the task in hand. However, whenever you relieve them of the need to keep their wits about them they tend to revert to type which is predictably unfortunate for those with premium autos.

The answer of course is to present the thug with a distraction such as an orange cone filled with sand. He will be drawn to it like a fly to something unpleasant all the while tiring himself out wrestling with the sluggish base.