Looking for a roofer

Chips56

Hello,

First time post, as I was looking for a roofer myself. I used D&J about 4 years ago when we moved into our flat (Victorian conversion), which we knew had roof leaks. D&J seemed to do an okay job, but I'm not interested in using them this time round for a few reasons.

- their scaffolders were incredibly rude and damaged things in our neighbour's garden.

- the rudeness was not helped by D&J failing to tell me when the scaffolders were coming to take scaffolding down (8am on a Saturday...)

- The guys from D&J were an absolute joke when trying to install a loft ladder for us. I had to help this really unfit wheezing bloke lift the ladder up, then his mate in the loft exclaimed 'Wait, I can't see anything!' as if it somehow wasn't going to go dark when the ladder fit into place. Clearly not a planned operation... D&J didn't seem to think there was a problem that I paid full quoted price for the installation despite them requiring my assistance to lift and provide lighting for the job.

- I've already replaced some flashings and tiles on one side of the house this summer, and I'll find out shortly if water coming in on the other side is the result of their handywork not going the distance. But I'd rather another roofer take a look for the reasons above.

Michael, SE5

• 2 weeks later...

Archived