Attempted Burglaries in CPR

adonirum

Following on from similar threads on this forum (Friern Rd, Underhill Rd, Lock Stickers, etc) I have just learnt that there were a couple of attempted break-ins on CPR, albeit about a week and a half ago. Having only just returned to E.D. after many years away, I am still slightly behind the times and as I state have only just learnt of this, so apologies if this is already widely known but I felt it entirely prudent to pass on the info just in case the immediate residents are unaware.

Just to let others know. At 4.00am this morning (25.11.13) in Crystal Palace Rd we were woken by the sound of people forcing our side return gate. We then saw three men trying to enter our kitchen through a window they had forced open. They ran when disturbed and shouted at.

Is worth reminding us all to check windows have good locks or are screwed shut. That you have motion sensor lights as darkness is their friend. The police attended and were supportive.

How long was it before the police arrived? I assume, with a crime definitely in progress and perps there for the taking, they'd give it high priority. I'm wondering about the strategy of keeping shtumm for as long as possible after calling them, to increase their chance of making some arrests.

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How long was it before the police arrived? I

> assume, with a crime definitely in progress and

> perps there for the taking, they'd give it high

> priority. I'm wondering about the strategy of

> keeping shtumm for as long as possible after

> calling them, to increase their chance of making

> some arrests.

xxxxxxx

I'm not sure how long I'd be willing to keep shtumm if there were a load of burglars climbing into my house :))

I'd have to have a lot of faith in the ability of the police to arrive within - oh, ten seconds of my call to them :))

we had children upstairs so we were more worried about ensuring they did not get in or closer to the girls rather than thinking about any strategy for getting them caught. To be honest we were not really thinking, more just reacting out of panic and a desire to protect. Police arrived within minutes of being called.

Hi all,

please see the post a couple of posts down from this one (double burglary Landells Road), I'm the owner of one of the houses that was burgled on the 25th at 4am (reference to DST post)....the time fit is uncanny.

Does anyone on the top stretch of CPR have CCTV, please?

I'm sorry to post again, but should anyone have any information about events on the morning of the 25th Nov at 4am (ie. there was three of them), please would you kindly PM me and I can then pass on to the Police. I'm trying to stay calm and collected for my wife (who will probably read this), but inside I'm raging. Thanks all.