dulwich medical centre - what is going on?

LadyShip

I didnt get to make dmc forum but did recieve email today re chadwick ropad new system starting january 2nd phone triage dr call back seen same day in most cases if dr and patient agree need be seen .

good idea so bookable appointments except for clincis as of 2nd january to avoid all problem of many unable get appointments no more go wait in cold or tryign get threw 8am can ring later as of 2nd jan 2014.

hope works well and we can bear with dmc chadwick road as new system starts januray 2nd 2014.im part of patient feedback forum as is my partner.

after week trying see a gp trying again tomorrow think this great idea.

just thought id post maybe dulwich may trial same program.

countrlass

gatt4950 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is not the fault of the NHS. The whole of the

> NHS has problems. Fact.

>

> If everyone on here actually bothers to go on th

> 11th rather than tap in their message on to this

> screen that would help everyone more.

Bothering tapping in messages to this thread and the other has prompted people to complain 'officially', shared details for who to contact to get something done, prompted several people to post details of the meeting - suggesting that dmc know about people's concerns on here - and enlightened many who read edf as to the state of things at dmc crystal palace road. Suggest that this is 'helpful' too ...

Thank you for the information about the patient forum. I will be making a point of coming along.

I have also recently made a complaint about DMC to NHS England.

I feel that DMC have no sense of care for their patients. I feel like I'm just a customer and I'm not 'always right' even in that respect. If you cannot reasonably provide any level of care, or concern for ill patients having to fight for 'on the day' appointments, something is very very wrong with the ethos of the practice.

I've overheard people on the phone, calling DMC, being told that although they've rung every day this week, they still can't be seen with their sick child.

Personally I'd rather have a system where it's an open door and 'first come, first served policy' for the entire day's appointments. AND an alternative 'pay' system to book in specific appointments with your Dr of choice.

I've had enough of feeling like I have to play the 'sickest person here' routine on the phone in order to be seen within two weeks - if you're lucky.

(THAT FEELS BETTER)

• 1 month later...

If anyone one thought the service was going to get better, my recent experience proves it is just as bad.

My wife and I had a blood test 13/12/13 at Dulwich and have been expecting the result. She had a letter on the 18th December asking her to ring. To date I have had nothing. Last week after calling I was told letter is in the post. No letter and after 45 minutes on the phone today getting thru at 2.45 net result no letter sent at all.

My wife had a phone consultation arranged today for 10 to 12 , 2.45 no call. Wife spoke during the above call for an explanation. Everyone have been at a meeting and doctors off sick, thought someone had rang. Will try and get someone to call.

Emails unanswered.

Will it ever improve? Perhaps it has and I have been unlucky

Archived