The joy of toddlers....

buggie

Bugie - please say its true!! I just came onto the forum to post the question 'when does threenagerdom end' and found this thread. I remember saying to my mum about 6-9 months ago that my son was never anything but a pleasure - now i find myself thinking practically the opposite!

I think its been made worse by arrival of baby 2 about 3 months ago and dropping his nap. The link says girls get emotional but i think that is what is happening to my son - its like he has PMT!! Terrible crying and rages at the smallest things! Sometimes its funny - mostly its wearing. And i find the rudeness/ ignoring me really irritating! But then i feel guilty cause it has co-incided with arrival of a sibling (no doubt a factor) but i miss my lovely little boy!

My 2 year old is the youngest of three, so has no bloody excuses as he has always been a sibling.

He is a complete nutjob most of the time.

Broken or "dirty" bananas, driving the "wrong" way, cutting up/not cutting up fruit, not being allowed to run in the road in front of cars, having to put his coat on (in winter - bad mummy!), being forced to wear socks. All of these, and millions of other, maternal misdemeanours mean complete hysterical meltdown.

Thankfully, if the others are anything to go by, he will come out of it in about a year/year and a half's time. I, however, may not.

*gibbers in corner with gin*

Ah mellors I feel your pain! Was just castigating myself for not enjoying my son more at the moment - apart from finding 'challenging' behaviour exhausting - I also find playing cars so boring! We do have lots of moments of joyfully playing together and I mostly adore him and he is increasingly very funny as his sense of humour develops - but I spend quite a lot of time counting the moments until I can put on cbbies and collapse onto sofa (whilst rocking baby with foot) and read something/ do something other than push a car or train around. I seriously don't know how stay at home mums do it - I am full of admiration (I'm on maternity leave and am really starting to miss trips to the loo by myself and lunchtime with no one to feed but me). And people who bring up children without TV deserve medals.

Reading this brings back, not so fond, memories of two toddlers 16 months apart. You all deserve medals. Sorry to say that they still stay very annoying. Son, now 22 and boomeranged back from university, looked in newly stocked fridge (via tesco.online) and said - why is there never any food in this house.... Sorry ladies to be the bearer of bad news - as mothers we are in it for the longest term.