Carpenter who can make 'bishops hat' style fence posts

MrsPlatypus

Hi, I've been looking for wooden fence posts that are carved in that style so common in Dulwich village area - they look a bit like a bishop's hat - please see the attached image.

I need 6 wooden posts about 2m in length and 6inches wide, carved in this style.

I've looked everywhere for these kind of posts, but it seems they can't be bought off the shelf, I have to find a carpenter who can carve out the design.

So if you are a carpenter who can do this, please send me a message!

Thanks Mrs Platypus :)

Hello Mrs Platypus,

I recommend Whitten Timber to do this for you as they can supply and cut the posts for you.

At present I dont have a workshop to set up a cutting jig to achieve this, it should not be too difficult for someone with a workshop.

I am currentely looking for a workshop so if you do hear one please let me know.

Regards

Scott Firth www.scottfirth.com

Hello Scott, thanks for your post, I phoned up Whitten Timber and asked them, but they said they couldn't do it.

I have a shack/garage attached to the side of my house where you could said up a cutting jig to do the posts?

I confess I don't know what a cutting jig is and it may well be far too much hassle for such a small job...

So if anyone else out there can do it, please let me know!

Thanks Mrs Platypus :)

Archived