Wing Mirrors broken - Northcross Road

HelenG

Came out of the house this morning to find the wing mirror on the passenger side of our car (the side that was parked closest to the pavement) had been broken off - not just us - at least 5 other cars that we can see - getting a bit p'd off with the little sh*tbags who think this is just a game - it isn't, it costs hard earned cash to bloody fix. I am so angry....grrr. I have reported to the police and got a crime number, but there isn't much they can do I know....

This happened to my daughter's car in Underhill a few years ago. I had thought it had been caused by a group of youths hanging round outside, one of whom had sat on it (but it wouldn't hold his weight). Apart from pushing the wing mirrors on both sides of tha car in when you park - on the basis that if it doesn't stand out it might be ignored - I can't think of any other preventative remedy. It's hugely annoying, and even if caught the offender(s) would probably just end up with a police caution.

This is becoming a lot more frequent, but has been happening for a few years now.

Walking home up North Cross Rd. from Lordship Lane , I'm frequently met by groups of lads/lasses

walking in the other direction, behaving in what could me called a Boisterous manner. Like 'Just Having a Laugh.'

Often carrying bottles of beer.

Same behaviour can be seen elsewhere on the lane mostly at week ends.

There seems to be a direct link with downing a 'Jager-Bomb' and then expressing the desire to Smash

up the Pub, kick over a Bar stall or hit someone.

Often accompanied by the need to 'Powder ones Nose' every 30mins.

It's up to pubs and bars to make sure people drink responsibly. Most encourage kids to drink shots.

It make them huge profits. And others pick up the cost come closing time.

DulwichFox.

A number of cars on Worlingham Road had air let out from their tyres overnight. Including my elderly ma who was pretty upset about it. Little tossers.

I have told the safer neighbourhood team but don't feel any sense of real anticipation that it will result in action.

Did the wing mirror breakage happen at night? Or could it have been during the day?

Because I had words with a schoolboy this afternoon who was standing at the back of a car opposite my house and trying to bounce it up and down. If it had been my car, the words would have been rather stronger :))

He wasn't at the wing mirror end, and his mates were just watching from the pavement, but now I'm wondering whether there is some kind of car-attack craze amongst local schoolkids ....