How about a local jobs section?

Cora

I'm guessing this has already been asked about before but it would be a really useful resource. I find it's really hard to find out about local jobs. I also think there are probably a growing number of small businesses who would need local part-time support and a growing number of local mothers/parents looking for part-time work locally (not saying these are the only people looking for work but it is a growing sector!). It would be great to match local people up with local jobs - cut down the commuting time!

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry Sean, wasn't trying to hassle. Was genuinely unsure about whether I had posted in the right place or whether I should have put it in 'Ask Admin'. Had expected a sort of 'we'll add it to our list of ideas' response if I'd put it in the right place that's all.

• Administrator
Sorry for the delay in replying I have been busy advising the UN and NATO on various peace keeping issues based on my forum administration principals. Thanks for your suggestion Cora, a jobs section has been thought about however there seems to be so few jobs that are local that it was decided that they can be merged into the wanted/offered section. We will keep an eye on it though and if more jobs start appearing on the forum and it seems there is a need for a new forum section then of course we will oblige.

Thanks Admin, though I think by having a seperate section it would make advertising jobs more legit and therefore you'd get more being put on - Chicken and egg...would also be a way of highlighting the forum to local businesses and, who knows, gleaning some more sponsorship.

but hey, fair enough you've only got so much time in the day....and it sounds busy!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello

My name is Maria,43 years old. I'm looking for job, as a cleaner, taking care of elderly people, childs or pets.

About me: i'm educated, very clean and organized person,honest,trusthworthy,friendly,calm. I'm mum of 3 childs and take care of 2 cats. I have EU driving licence

I'm available Monday and Friday from 10am until 2pm and evenings after 6pm.

You can call me on 07448305609

regards