Peckham Community study

jtingey1

Hi,

I am currently in my 3rd year of an interior design degree at London College of Communication, for my final major project I am looking into the idea of different perspectives of 'luxury' within Peckham. What do you personally feel is a luxury to you? money, cars, branded products? or is it something less physical such as health, family and security?

Any feedback on what luxury is to you would be really helpful!!

Thankyou for your time.

alice Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> get a clipboard and stop every 5th person on rye

> lane in peckham tomorrow

>

> youre wasting your time here

Good suggestion about a clipboard in Peckham but WHY is the OP 'wasting their time here'? Plenty of people from Peckham/Peckham Rye etc. on the forum...COuld be this is only one of severla ways in which they OP is trying to gather information (or at least I hope so)...

A luxury is being surrounded by positive people even those who are suffering for various reasons.

So alice sadly makes this place not very luxurious, if that is your definition.

Here's some of mine that happened this afternoon.

Just ridden around London on my motorcycle and didn't get wet despite the storms. My motorcycle is very comfortable and I am confident and enjoy riding: Luxury!

Came home and relaxed in a very hot and full bubble bath for about an hour: luxury!

Dried myself in warmed fluffy Egyptian cotton thick towels: luxury!

I've just eaten carrot sticks dipping them in taramasalata: luxury!

I may have a bacon and brie sarnie later: Luxury!

Get my drift?

Yet to me, luxury is not having anything to worry about, health wealth and happiness.

That rarely happens, so I take luxury in the little things. It's not Peckham related (I just happen to live here and love it). But it's a luxury to walk around a great park, and see the views of the whole of London from my home.

I'll second PeckhamRose. There are so many big worries at the minute that my 'luxuries' are perhaps to some 'small' things but are the things that make life really worth living.

Today: a cup of nice coffee and 5 minutes peace; a proper talk and walk with my 8-year old son; time to play with kids and live life at their speed and through their eyes; watching the sunset from the balcony of my flat; knowing that the park is at the end of the road; reading a good book - or even a not-so-good book; playing music.