Desperately seeking a recommendation for a childminder

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help us make the best of a bad situation.... We have decided to withdraw our 20-month old son from his nursery after an incident last week which resulted in him being admitted overnight to hospital and having to have an operation on his lip.

My husband and I are very upset by what has happened, and are concerned about finding alternative child care for our son which will be nurturing for him, and build up his confidence again. We have family who are helping for the next few weeks, but they live a long distance, so this is not a long term solution unfortunately. Given the difficulties of accessing nurseries at short notice in this area, a childminder is probably the best way forward, and will perhaps be better for him after what has happened.

So, sorry for the long winded post, but if anyone uses a childminder who has a part-time vacancy, and that they would recommend, I would love to hear from you. We've never looked into childminders before, and so that is why a personal recommendation would be really appreciated. We live on the East Dulwich end of Bellenden Road, so in a perfect world somewhere within walking distance would be wonderful.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from anyone who has any suggestions.

Thanks for the very helpful messages and PM's I have received. I have some good tips to follow-up on now :-)

For our situation a childminder (or nursery) are the best options - space and my work arrangements mean a nanny / au pair support would not be a good fit. Maybe in the future though!

Thanks again for all the advice received!

Just to add to your list: I always recommend Minder from this forum. She's childminded generations of Dulwich & ED children and in my opinion is just the best. If I was ever to need a childminder she would be my first port of call. If she has a space I suggest you snap her up. :D

SWx