The Sea Cow, average food, terrible experience

Having moved to ED about a year ago, the mrs and I were keen to try out the local restaurants as they were a big reason for moving here. Overall they are great but there do seem to be a few that seem to assume that, given the large local captive audience, they don't need to provide good service. The Sea Cow is a prime example- having eaten there recently (we gave it a second chance), we experienced really quite dreadful service and will never be going again. Sub-standard food and very inattentive & indifferent staff. Has anyone else had similar poor experiences around here in either that place or others..? (For the record, most places are excellent which makes those that aren't, stand out)

I totally agree... I've had a bad experience with a takeaway order at the Sea Cow.... It's a shame as I'm always so proud to live here and there have been times when I've been out with friends and we've had a bad experience.

Overall the restaurants round here are great but it is a shame when a place lets you down.

Got very frustrated with the waiter as he didn't seem to acknowledge feedback. Decided to just pay and leave- if the representatives of the restaurant don't want to hear then I won't put myself out to help them.

Fish & chip shop characteristics - I'd say good fish that is what it says it is, fast service especially for takeaway and don't run out of fish at 8:30 PM.

In my youth they were all run by Italians and the 'service' was more gossip - and extra batter for the children :)