Interior designer wanted

LD929

We are looking for an interior designer to help us with a home renovation. The house we are renovating was built in the 1920's, and we will be replacing nearly everything. We need a designer to help us with the basics: choosing flooring, tiling, paints, lighting and other items to give the home a contemporary feel. The designer needs to be budget conscious -- so, smart economical choices that nevertheless give the home the appeal we want. The designer will also need to be able to work with our architect and builder. We will be starting the renovation in about a month.

Please post below or PM me if you are interested in this work or if you have any recommendations.

Hi LD929,

We would love to get involved in your project. We are called Yam Studios and we're based in Oval, so we're relatively local.

Sticking to a budget is something we are very good at - we pass on all our trade discounts and only charge for our time, so have the freedom to specify either high street or designer products depending upon your requirements. We develop a detailed specification with you before placing orders so you can be sure we are within budget.

We produce all our own detailed CAD drawings in-house so can work closely with the architect and builder on the technical side of the project.

Feel free to visit our website: www.yamstudios.com

You can contact me by telephone or email if you would like to discuss further: 0203 0052 390 / [email protected]

Our address is: 1-3 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DE

Thanks!

Liam

Hi there,

I am possibly able to help. I am an interior designer and stylist. I will be truthful, you would be my first paying client as I am just about to launch myself. The good news is, I will offer my services at a greatly reduced rate if you wouldn't mind me taking before and after photographs to use on my website etc.

My background is design for womens' glossy magazines, and illustration. I used to art-direct photo-shoots, including styling the sets. My own house has been used for three photo-shoots in the past too. I literally eat, drink, sleep interiors and property.

I have only designed for myself and friends in the past, but I am confident I can help you, especially is you are on a tight budget. There is something out there for everyone. I will also listen to your needs, how the house needs to flow. What mood you want to create, cool and calm, or eclectic and fun or anywhere in between.

I would be more than happy to meet for a coffee for an informal chat so you can see if I'm right for you, or visit you at your property if you prefer.

Many thanks

Suzanne

I recently had my house designed by Matteo Bianchi Studio (www.matteobianchi.co.uk). My first meeting with matteo, he was dressed very chic and designed orientated and I knew he was the right person I was looking for. His team was professional and friendly.

Matteo lives locally so that was a bonus. Very happy with the result and would highly recommend them.

Www.matteobianchi.co.uk

Check them out

I can recommend Yam Studios.

They did a house for a very good friend who had a similar brief to yours. They have a very professional approach are delightful to work with. The house was really lovely when finished and a real transformation. My friend was delighted and has since recommended them to others who were equally happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LD929,

Not sure if you've already appointed anyone but please do give me a call/email if you are still looking. I undertake a lot of work in SE London (Peckham based). Please have a look at my website for samples of my work or get in touch if you want to speak to any previous clients. I work for myself so my rates are very competitive and I have considerable knowledge in both design and construction so I'm sure I can help. All the best, Mikail 0207 7014188

www.fixateddesign.co.uk

[email protected]

My partner and I are theatre set designers and builders with an empirical knowledge of low budget, high quality design. Over the years we have befriended suppliers nationwide and can acquire materials at cut rate prices. Although we are accustomed to designing for the stage and cinema, we would seriously enjoy working with you, your architect and your builder.

Please let us know if you would like to meet for an informal conversation where we can discuss your ideas and show you our work.

All the best,

Kelly 07807577807

• 7 months later...
Think Interior provides you with an opportunity to polish your skills and get aware about the design concepts so that you may be able to create your own interior designs. Our online courses provide you with brilliant learning opportunities under the guidance of professional interior designers to make you join your dream profession.