Local Mathematics Graduate is starting a low cost GCSE Maths Help Service - FREE TRIALISTS WANTED

Hello,

I'm a former Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham College and Sixth Form student, who was also Deputy-Head boy. After receiving my education there, I went on to complete a Mathematics BSc and accumulated a number of years of successful maths tutoring. Recently, I have been putting my efforts into starting a project to aid the students local to me, who find mathematics more challenging. I call it LovePi.

GCSE Mathematics has always been something that worries the children taking the tests, as well as the parents who are asked to help with revision and maths homework. Achieving a Level 8, averaging 98.6% across the three assessments, and the surprise I experience when people are informed of this, are two of the many reasons I decided to start LovePi, and the LovePi Assistant service.

The LovePi Assistant, once it launches, will be a very low-cost service that gives students and parents the security of knowing there is help always available to their children when there is maths homework to be done and in the run up to test and exams.

Before the LovePi Assistant is offered to the local masses, I am looking for a group of students to trial the service for FREE from September. The trial will last two week, after which the monthly service will be available to students for less than the cost of one hours private tuition.

If you have any other questions or are interested in your child being one of our trialists, please contact me or post a reply in this thread and I will do my best to respond quickly.

Have a good bank holiday :)

Yes I am interested, my daughter will be starting GCSE maths in Sept (currently in year 9). She is very able but I believe with extra help will storm the exams(wishful thinking!) so any help will be greatly appreciated

Is the trial home based or will it be in a group setting?

Many thanks

Maria

Hi Maria,

I have no doubt that your daughter can achieve an amazing result, with a little help from me of course :)

The LovePi Assistant is a system designed around being as flexible and helpful as possible. That is why communication will be done using email. This is likely to change to a different web-based platform soon after the trial, depending on its success.

The principle is that to help students out of school hours, I will be available to help with questions. All that students have to do is take a picture of it and send it to me, then I will send a well-explained, step by step solution. The intention is to empower the students, not do the work for them. So by explaining each small step they should feel more confident in their understanding of the topic and other similar questions.

The number of questions that each student will be able to ask me each week has not been finalised but it is likely to be 25. That averages more than 4 for each day they are at school, which should be plenty to help most students through there weekly maths learning.

There are of course other details to decide upon, such as the hours I will be making my services available and the speed at which I will endeavour to provide a response, but as I accumulate more trialists I will finalise everything. I will also be inviting feedback from students and their parents during the trial, so I can offer the best service possible.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Also, please tell your friends. I'm hoping to really make a difference and offer the benefits of tuition at a much more reasonable cost.

Kind regards,

Nathaniel

Hi everyone,

After speaking to a number of interested parents, I have decided on the size of the trial group. There are less than a handful of available spaces still available so if you are interested or have any questions then please feel free to ask.

As I have recently expressed to Maria, I will be ensuring there will be complete transparency so parents will always have access to all communications between myself and their children. It is important to me that I am trusted so I am also considering trying to arrange a meeting between myself and all the trialist's parents nearer the end of the summer break.

Kind regards,

Nathaniel