Police Saturday afternoon lordship lane

Yesterday afternoon my friends son witnessed something which has left him traumatised . He had gone to get some juice and on his way back there was a man just walking behind Him quite normally .

The next moment he heard and saw a car rev up and come directly at him and the man and 5 men got out and started beating the man with clubs on the floor , he ran home , what on earth happened ? Did anyone see ?

I put police lordship lane in the title because obviously they were called !

I saw the aftermath of this but it looked to me as though two or three unmarked police cars had pulled up and they were holding someone down on the ground. I say unmarked cars because they had blue flashing lights and the guys pinning bloke to floor we're wearing plastic gloves.

I don't know if it's connected but the CID visited me on Saturday because I have a CCTV camera outside the house, we spent 2hrs going through footage from Friday night around 11pm. Apparently a man was chased down the road by several others and a firearm was suspected to be involved, you can see a dog handler searching for the gun an hour or so afterwards. They took away some footage.

I don't live on the Lane though.

"Beating the man with clubs on the floor". Never would it occur to me to describe the situation thus. Certainly "...on the ground", maybe "...on the pavement", but "...on the floor"? No.

When did "floor" move out-of-doors?

When something as brutal as this happens, hardly think I'd be worried about semantics. I may have described it as on the deck....and that would have nothing to do with a ship.

Alex K Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Beating the man with clubs on the floor". Never

> would it occur to me to describe the situation

> thus. Certainly "...on the ground", maybe "...on

> the pavement", but "...on the floor"? No.

>

> When did "floor" move out-of-doors?

Alex K Wrote:

>

> When did "floor" move out-of-doors?

And the point of this post, apart from an unsuccessful attempt to make yourself sound superior, is what exactly?

alexK - really - what sort of contribution is that? Do you troll around the EDF like a shark, looking to take advantage of any member with and then adding a narcissistic post? A full life you must live!

I caught the tale end of this - what actually happened was a man was arrested by a group of plain clothes police. It must have been a preplanned operation as the cars all sped in and stopped pretty much simultaneously around the corner of the road and they were all on him pretty quick.

I can see how it might look they were beating a man on the floor at a glance, they were getting hand cuffs on him as he struggled. They were identifying themselves as police and some had caps on, they then started taking stuff from the bloke's pockets and bagging it up. That was the end of what I saw.

I can imagine it might have been stressful for the boy, hopefully an explanation of what happened might help.

Clubs? Truncheons?

Why did the boy think the man was being beaten?

I have seen a man being arrested locally, he was a burglar and was wrestled to the ground by a group of cops. He was very vocal, but he wasn't beaten. I was watching closely to see what they were doing, as it did sound like he was being hurt.

I'm not that observant maybe - as I have been caught out :)

A while ago a 'mugging' outside Peckham Rye station was broken up buy a loud 'CUT'. Hadn't even seen the cameras and I was right in shot.

Police I think still make arrests as a team, and could rush out of a car mob handed in a frightening way - but not using clubs I agree.

Not seen anything reported though about this, which is worrying.

Mustard Wrote:

> Clubs? Truncheons?

>

> Why did the boy think the man was being beaten?

>

> I have seen a man being arrested locally, he was a

> burglar and was wrestled to the ground by a group

> of cops. He was very vocal, but he wasn't beaten.

> I was watching closely to see what they were

> doing, as it did sound like he was being hurt.

We heard the shouting from work, and the next minute a lady walked in and said the police were beating the guy around the head. Then my colleague asked the police, who were hanging outside my work place, and they said a man had been arrested, for theft. It did sound pretty awful,where we were, and I do feel for the young lad, I hope your son is ok now.

I've seen very violent arrests involving truncheons and a lot of physical violence not restraint, although it was needed somewhat. It does happen, rarely, but does happen. It's not too far fetched from the things I've seen but then I didn't grow up in London. Are the Met gentle officers of the law?

Thankyou ruffers , it was actually my god son who witnessed it and since I told him it was the police he seems abit less stressed as he seemed to think it was men trying to kill a man ! I suppose to a young boy a truncheon does look like a small black club !

Many years ago I witnessed armed police pounce on a chap in Tooting - it was a startling experience so I am not at all surprised your godson was so alarmed. Lots of shouting men tussling with someone. We realised very quickly that they were police (all unmarked cars and non uniform) but it would be really scary if you thought it was something else.

hope he's ok