LL closed at Colwell Road

Around 10.00am I was waiting for a bus outside the old ED Police Station.

A motor cyclist passed at great speed. Engine Screaming. I thought what an idiot.

Then.....BANG.

The traffic immediately came to a halt. I walked up to see a young learner rider laying motionless

on the floor. He had hit a van virtually head on and had ripped the offside wing off the van.

Several drivers reported him passing them at speed but was not able to cut back in and avoid hitting the van.

The van driver was clearly shocked but glad the lad was still alive.

Witnesses reported the van driver did not stand a chance.

There was a big crowd and many witnesses. we all thought the rider had been killed.

Then he came round but was dazed and confused.

The police and ambulance did not come for 15-20 mins.

Looks like he had miraculously escaped serious injury. Was able to sit up and move his limbs.

I came back that way 11.30 ish and the ambulance was just leaving the scene.

The rider was a complete plank. However I hope he is all right and has learnt a very valuable lesson.

DulwichFox

The way some of these learner bikers ride, it is no surprise that this does not happen more often.

I have recently got my bike licence and I ride a Triumph Bonneville, but going through the full bike qualification has made me realise how dangerous bikes and other traffic can be, and how careful you have to be when riding.

It is good news that the guy is alive and will hopefully recover, but when you ride like an idiot this is always going to happen, especially in London traffic.