Melbourne Grove Medical Clinic

Doctors great but its the ONE receptionist who makes the whole entire experience worse. Wished she'd be introduce to the rail track! She has a horrible attitude, very unpleasant voice, never smiles, talks behind patients backs without realising THAT patient is there and can hear you! Very rude, completely unhelpful. Seen many patients who just wanted to slap her! Seriously wish she'd get fired as she puts other receptionist down and the whole concept of "front person smiley friendly face is never going to be suitable for that surgery. Jenny YOU'RE FIRED. If they got rid of her I'm certainly sure the surgery will have a much better reputation.

Can not never get appointments, can not get through on the phone, can never speak to a Doc over phone, was very hard to find out who the manager was, had to phone another surgery to find that info to complain! My review and experience would have have been manageable if it was not for that ONE horrid receptionist! A lot of patients also completely dislikes her. Have had many many disgusting experience. But its the nearest surgery! All other receptionist is by far lovely smiley and a delight to meet Except that horrid Jenny.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I too have nothing but bad experience with this clinic. It is nigh on impossible to see a doctor there - December prep-booked appointments have all gone and when you call for same day you have to wait for 20 minutes for phone to pick up only to be told there are no appointments left. I have just been told by them that the Lister clinic is now also no longer walk-in and is referral only. So my choice is to keep trying in the vain hope my child will get a mythical walk-in appointment this side of Christmas, go to A and E with him or pay privately.

We have been with the surgery for some time but each time I go through the pain of trying to get an appointment for my children there I vow to leave. Please, please, please can someone recommend a functioning clinic with a South Camberwell (SE5/SE22 border) catchment area. All the clinics around me seem to have one or two stars on the NHS website (although at the moment even moving to a two star rated clinic would be better than Melbourne Grove).

James Barber - surely there is something that can be done collectively about the poor running of local surgeries? If this was a school, I am sure it would be in special measures by now.