New to ED

Ocean

Hi, I'm new to this forum and soon to be new to East Dulwich - been a long time admirer of the area. :-) I'm going to be renting an absolutely amazing flat in Barry Road near the traffic lights and with a view of Peckham Rye - I just wondered what the area is like that end? I currently live in Forest Hill, and have lived in Sydenham and I do know the Lordship Lane area of ED, but this is a new end of the area to me. Is there much trouble in the area? And what kind of age group rent flats in Barry Road? (Hope it's not too specific a question!)

Anyway, am looking forward to being your new neighbour and getting to know you all on the forum, and would love to hear your comments about where I'm moving to... Thanks.

Hey Ocean

Welcome to Barry Road, I also live at that end and its a great location. Age groups around here are pretty mixed and most folks seem friendly, I haven't experienced/seen any bother/trouble. The best things about Barry Road...in no particular order

a) Barry's supermarket - love that shop they sell absolutely everything and the staff are wonderful

b) the view of the Rye

c) view of the Church

d) free parking

e) easy access to lots of public transport

f) The Clockhouse Pub

g) The Plough Pub - especially when Keith is playing:))

Enjoy!

Hello Ocean,

Welcome to Barry Road. I live at that end too and second all of the above and say that we also have easy access to the shops/pubs/restaurants on Forest Hill Road as well as to Lordship Lane and Northcross Road. What more could you want?!