First posters

KRoff

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am sometimes guilty of assuming that people will

> just know when I'm taking the p!ss and forget that

> quite often things get lost in text.

That sounds like fighting talk.

Yeah, what Maxxi said. Stop being a d*ck Otta.

maxxi Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I am sometimes guilty of assuming that people

> will

> > just know when I'm taking the p!ss and forget

> that

> > quite often things get lost in text.

>

>

> That sounds like fighting talk.

Otta Wrote:

> I am sometimes guilty of assuming that people will

> just know when I'm taking the p!ss and forget that

> quite often things get lost in text.

Otta, likewise and that is so very true.

In another place, the death of someone we knew was announced by a few people, with one friend stating "He will be sorely missed". The next person posted "How do you know". This caused a deluge of abuse, until it was explained the question was "how do you know he has died" rather than peoples interpretation "how do you know he will be missed", as the person posing the question had not heard anything until it was read on the forum. A perfectly innocent question/remark over this media will one day,undoubtedly, start a world war.

I can see that does happen on crossed posts regularly adonirum; but experience offers a few simple techniques.

explicitly answer/comment on previous posts by referencing or quoting poster and/or content.

Smilies, they have their detractors, but god knows a wink can just make obvious the intention. We don't have tone of voice, so it helps to provide it in other ways.

Seabag Wrote:

> More importantly KRoff

>

> Do you like Penge and/or bacon ?

>

> I'm very *judgey wudgey

>

>

> *for extra clique points, who originated that

> festive phrase

you have your judgey pants on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I believe around 57% of the 5,538 people who were part of the self selecting sample making up the original consultation, opposed the LTN. So just over 3,000 people. This was around 3 years ago now. I think there’s something like 40,000+ living across se22 and SE21 🤷‍♂️  The LTN is a minority interest at best. Whilst it’s an obsession for a small number on the transport thread who strongly oppose it, I suspect most locals quietly approve of the improvements made to that junction. …and we still haven’t heard who has supposedly been pressurising the emergency services and how (are we seriously going with the far left / the commies)? Is anyone willing to stand up and support the 'One' claim that people are partially covering their plates and driving through the filters due to inadequate signage? Again, it all sounds a little ridiculous / desperate. Feels like it may be time for them to start coming to terms with the changes.
    • Okay Earl, of those 'consulted' how many voices were in favour of the junction and how many against? Were there more responses in favour or more against? This local junction change is being driven by Southwark Labour Councillors- not as you assert by Central Govt. Also, if consultations are so irrelevant as indicators of meaningful local support in the way you seem to imply, why do organisations like Southwark Cyclists constantly ask their members to respond to all and any consultation on LTN's and CPZ's?  
    • You could apply the same argument to any kind of penalty as an effective deterrent.  Better than doing nothing. 
    • Check the link I provided above. It gives a very full account of where the push for LTNs came from, (in brief, central government). The consultation did not show that the majority of local residents were against the LTN. Not for the first time, you’ve confused a ‘consultation’ with a ‘referendum’. The outcome of local elections (which many opposed to LTNs excitedly promoted as a referendum on the scheme at the time…until they lost), suggests they are actually quite popular. All the polling on LTNs generally, also shows strong majority support across London.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In