Local taxi prices

Sue

Yes Dulwich Fox but comared to minicabs this goes to the Black Cab, they do not have to pay for a circuit or commission. However they did work hard for the pleasure to become a Black Cab Driver. However as with all traded there are good and bad. I was stuck in traffic with a customer for 30 mins only to find a road closed in central London. I had to turn round, saw a Black Cab with a cutomer in the back and told him the road was closed, but he just sat there. HUM

I use the keen group app on my iPhone. Enter the pick up and drop off addresses. Get an immediate quote to the nearest 10p. Choose to accept the quote and a car gets your position on their sat nav. You get a text when they are outside your address. How efficient is that!

Up to you whether you go through the headache of phoning a cab base. Try and explain your location. Get a price.. Get a phone call from the lost driver who will be late because he is lost. 3 experiences of this from a local cab office. I always give my post code and house number.

While I'm sure there are other apps like it The Keen Group app is one of my better downloads for services in this area and to stay on topic the prices seem reasonable to me too.

A very 1st world problem!

"Hmm. Wait til Uber are busy"

In my experience, when Uber is busy, everybody is busy, and anyway, using Uber doesn't stop you from calling a cab firm or trying to flag a black cab; it's just another option, and one that brings a bit more competition on price. 9pm on Xmas day, ED to South Ken, ?16 with Uber - no 'time and a half' or mark up.