For the attention of ford fiesta owner starting NV02 parked on Upland Rd

Spartacus

Magpie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> At risk of gatecrashing an argument how is the

> treatment of Tony by Southwark Council not racist?

> He was removed from his post and replaced on the

> basis that he was white. "Positive" discrimination

> it may be considered by some, but it is still a

> racist policy, in that it discriminates against

> him on the basis of his skin colour.

Joke was that not only was I doing the job well enough for the 6 months I was Temping that I was given the job after the interviews.

Then 2/3 days later came the bombshell and such was the unsubtlety of it all that the "excuse" was I "went to the loo and missed the interview" which was nonsense but their hands were tied and the outcome and intention was clear so "C'est La Vie".

To add insult to injury I then had to leave The Council as my "Temp" job had now disappearred.::o

I next re-appearred working for Social Services in Heaton Road, Peckham for Southwark Council, which was an eye-opener in "discrimination" on a level I had never personally experienced.

Lets just say I had 2 things blatantly going against me there!:))..

Prior to this I had never really witnessed discrimination in 24 years of working in various Establishments but Southwark Social Services were "amazing"..truly amazing:X

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Doesn't sound too dissimilar to my engagements with the council!   Zero chance of a balanced summary in a single place I am afraid - read anything by Peter Walker in the Guardian on the matter, then read anything in the Daily Mail on the matter and plot a course for somewhere between the two and there you shall find the truth!
    • Hi there,  Can anyone recommend a local (East Dulwich, Peckham) surveyors that also undertake Help to Buy valuations?  All my Google searches are throwing out national firms when popular advice is to appoint someone local who really understands the area you live in.  Any advice or recommendations would be welcome.  Thank you. 
    • Don't forget South end of Underhill Road.  Good sized houses with good sized gardens and short walk to Dulwich park, Dulwich Woods, Horniman and Peckham Rye.  Transport access in five different directions which is super useful and the little P13 gets you to Lordship Lane shops in no time. Easy parking.  IMO a little part of Dulwich underappreciated by some living right near East Dulwich shops but much liked by those that find their way to this quiet corner of Dulwich. Good luck to you  
    • SO many different threads for Niko!    This one seems to have the most posts so here is another one... Niko is awesome, super-helpful, decent, easily available and the best plumber bar none. Thanks again Niko!
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In