East Dulwich Leisure Centre Swimming

moak

If you look at Southwark's forward plan for March here http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/mgListPlanItems.aspx?PlanId=316&RP=153 you'll see that a big meeting is coming up on management of Southwark Leisure. It is a closed meeting, reason given why. Click on link, then click on March and scroll down a few pages at page4.

You'll see that that coming up too are meetings on primary school strategy and cycling strategy, amongst others

Although the leisure meeting is closed perhaps a kind councillor can advise how dissatisfaction of locals can be made clear, especially at that meeting. Perhaps a selection if photos, or even a video, showing the scale of the problem?

The reason the meeting us closed from the public is cited as

Reason 3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information)

Haven't read everything in this thread, but for everyones info, yes, Southwark does contract out it's leisure centre management to Fusion, but retains responsibility for managing that contract to ensure residents are getting value for money. The contact at Southwark ( the person with direct responsibility for liaising with Fusion) is Tara Quinn ([email protected]). If you are unhappy, you can email her to complain formally. Southwark is obliged to respond to formal service complaints. Hope that helps!

Ugh to dirty water. I take mine to Crystal Palace for swim lessons. A child puked in the downstairs pool on Sat, the instructors had all the kids out immediately and started the clean up process. Bigger kids carried on in Olympic Pool and smaller kids in toddler pool. All good. Yes further away, which has it's own probs but fab lessons and progression - they have a system whereby you can check your child's progress online, a list of 10 / 12 requirements that your child has to pass to move to next class, the instructor enters the date they successfully completed each task.

• 2 weeks later...

An update to those who were following the thread. I was rather impressed with the speedy response. Let's hope there's some improvement.

Dear Ella,

?

Thank you for your email about cleanliness standards at Dulwich Leisure Centre. I am sorry to hear about the ?less than acceptable level of service that you have experienced. ?It is not the level of service that the Council expects or that Fusion aspires to.

?

I have looked into the issues raised in your email and on the forum with my colleague Stephen Hopkins. Stephen is responsible for the day to day operations of our contract with Fusion and ?has raised these matters with Luke Fenton, the centre manager, who ?has confirmed that the ?following tasks will be carried out to address the points you have raised. ?

?

Nappy bins-?The number of bins have been increased in the family change area.

Cleaning standards-Fusion are reviewing their resources for cleaning and are looking at ways to increase staff presence at the busiest times of the centre such as during Swim School and at weekends. Having increased staff presence within the changing rooms will help the cleaning standards and also deal immediately with any issues such as nappies within the shower areas. Fusion have been asked to implement increased staff presence immediately

No shoe/blue shoe policy-?This will be reinforced by staff at the centre with immediate effect. The manager will be moving the location of the dispensers so they are in a more prominent position for customers

Buggies-?At times buggies have been stored in the changing rooms. Luke will be reviewing the current buggy park to see if the capacity can be increased.

?

Stephen will keep a close eye on the centre and my team will be carrying out unannounced spot checks as well as our normal monitoring to ensure the standards improve. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me.

?

If you're unhappy with the complaint response you received, you can contact the Customer Resolution Team at Southwark Council with a summary of your dissatisfaction with the response you received. The review team will then look at how your complaint was dealt with at the initial stage and carry out a further full investigation. Your complaint will be acknowledged within three working days and the team has up to 25 working days to respond to you. In some cases this may take longer and if so you will be informed via post if there are any delays in investigating your complaint.

To contact the Customer Resolution Team, [email protected]?or telephone0207 525 0042

?

Yours sincerely,

Tara

?

Tara Quinn??????

Sports and Leisure Services Manager

Sports and Leisure Services Team

• 2 weeks later...
Ok....after reading the previous posts, I almost cancelled my plans to go lane swimming last night. Apart from a minor smell (wet towels) in the men's changing room, I found the pool water to be absolutely fine. Clear, warm enough and perfect for doing laps. Not the Med, not the Caribbean but as far as chlorinated pools go... it was just fine