Bus diversions

undergran

Hi Monica,

We were told that Lordship Lane could have no parking from Goose Green to outside the Coop store.

Which compared to the victims injuries seems a small price to pay. But then we were told creating 2 lanes each way would increase traffic speeds and increase the severity of any crash.

Saying that Cllr Rosie Shimell and I asked to meet council officers on site to take a long hard look at this junction and what can be done. We've been blanked so far and we need to escalate our request from before Christmas.

One thing that has recently changed. The entry treatment to East Dulwich Grove used to be much more severe and a different colour. it really stood out for both counts. Since it was replaced we've had these two crashes.

Dear lovely LisaLouLou and all,

I'm the lady who was afraid she lost her foot under the truck Monday. I'm incredibly lucky happy grateful in equal measures, as I am now out of the hospital. I will never be able to properly thank all of the marvellous people involved, from the simply wonderful girl who held my hand down at curb level for the 35mins I was stuck under the truck, to the lovely policeman who spent hours accompanying me from the curb through the hospital stages, to the professional, KIND, amazing staff at Kings College Hospital.

I was discharged yesterday, with multiple fractures in my foot, but no acute bone injury and toes/heel/ankle seem uninjured. I can feel and wiggle my toes. I was wearing stronger trainers than usual that day and attribute getting off with such light injuries to them, to the truck stopping when and where it did, and to sheer luck.

I live 5mins away from that corner, and also find it to be treacherous for pedestrians, but cycling was always more straightforward. Mostly it was a matter of worrying about cars turning right there, not vehicles turning left that indicated in time.

I hate that the accident happened, that so many people were inconvenienced by the road closure, that so much manpower was expended, emergency services needed. But I am hugely grateful for the human kindness I experienced along the way, and the fact I will cycle again (much to some of my family's dismay!)

I'll leave it there for now, and not add any more to the thread, outside of sincere thanks for all the concern shown me, and finally a photo of my phenomenal foot.

Marie