Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And

>

> Can I get a Coffee. No you cant the Assistant will

> get if for you.

Worse is when people say they're going to 'grab' a coffee, like their life is just sooooo high octane that they literally have to snatch a coffee while in mid run like they're having to grapple for a water bottle without losing valuable seconds like elite runners in the marathon...make my jaw set whenever I hear it

Excuse me - or should I say sorry. SORRY is not Honest.I am Standing looking at a book in smiths and someone behind me says sorry. I have no idea why it is said. And continue to read She says sorry three times. The she says Excuse me and I realised she is trying to get past and I step out of the way. NO barging no need for Sorry she hasn't done anything wrong.

This seems particularly prevalent in the West End E Dulwich not polluted with it so much.

On the subject of "sorry", I loathe the pre-recorded station announcement telling us (yet again) that the 08.45 to London Bridge is delayed by xx minutes and: "I am sorry for the inconvenience this might cause to your journey". No, you're not sorry - you're a pre-recorded announcement. No human being has felt the slightest twinge of remorse or regret about the delay, so shut up and run the service better.

People in high rise buildings who stop a lift which is going up even though they want to go down. And vice versa. Why?

People who continuously say "obviously" even when it isn't obvious.

Telephone staff who repeatedly say "unfortunately" even when it is clear that they are not one bit bothered.

Telephone staff who ask if there is "anything else they can help you with today?" in an attempt to infer that they have helped you with the particular issue you caontacted them about.

Telephone staff.

Announcements which apologise for any inconvenience which "may" have been caused, as if there might be a possibility that none has been caused.

People who crowd into a lift just to go up/down one floor when they are more than capable of walking

- yes, I know there are some people who will have good reason for it and this won't be readily apparent but there are definitely those that are too damn lazy

?People who dont sit by the windows and hope noone will try and sit next to them on the train/ bus etc. Or leave a bag or pretend to be asleep.

also those who dont queue at bus stops.?

Right as a long time commuter a few points

1 ? the people leaving a bag on the seat? Death to them ? seriously, who do they think they are??

2) not sitting by the window. Hmmmm,, trickier this one. Undoubtedly abused by some for same reason as #1, it?s also true that some people are getting off soon and to sit by the window means the ?excuse me? shuffle where the person who just sat down on the outer seat has to get up (with lots of people in the aisle rushing by). Basically it CAN make the whole thing needlessly hassly

3) Not queueing at bus stops. Again, sometimes people will be selfish idiots regardless and if it?s a 37 bus stop for example there is no excuse (as it usually doesn?t share a route at most stops

But if you are standing at the bus stop outside Nero on LL you have multiple bus routes, all possibly arriving at same time, you don?t know who is getting on which one until the very last second (sometimes THEY don?t know themselves and just stand in front of the bus you try and get on). So whilst I would like everyone to be polite and after you at the bus stop, reality is it?s not always possible

I get off at the Terminus so do they! AS a VERY LONG TERM Commuter I can say I am sick of these people. They rely on the English reticence so they arent even asked to move when there are (as often there is) NO free seats except the ones these pondlife are blocking. I do try to make a point of getting one to move.