Whats The Link Between The 2 Most Played Songs In Public Places?

Tony.London Suburbs

Procol Harum's A Whiter Shade Of Pale has now been officially recognised as the most played song in public places over the past 75 years.

The track beat Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody to the top spot, according to The People's Chart, which was compiled by music licensing company PPL to mark its 75th birthday and aired on Radio 2 yesterday.

Whats the connection between these 2 Songs Music affici..affiseen..afficiseen..followers?

Also a good contender, Huge-nut. That would have been my other choice. But for some twisted reason, I - an unbeliever - decided to give a fillip to Kumbaya, possibly the most irritating song on earth.

In general, PPL is only including as contenders 'recordings' played in public places. A 'broadcast' passive listening thing. Because that is all they are interested in on behalf of their clients.

But 'songs played in public places' suggests to me people actively playing/singing, whatever, together. Which is of absolutely no interest to PPL unless the song concerned is under copyright of a client of theirs.

And thus history is rewritten by those in power. Count the hundreds (thousands?) of references to the PPL 'anniversary story' across the interweb, already. :-S