Wooden Playpen

Nunheadfamily

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Never met or seen Peter but his garden in full bloom is the best in the area.
    • Our neighbour in Barry Road had subsidence about 15-20 years ago and the insurance company thought it was caused by the roots of a large tree in street. At that time there were similar occurrences else where in the borough, and Southwark Council were forced by various insurance companies to increase their tree maintenance including felling of unsafe trees.  
    • I am afraid that the days when it was normal to have a copper on the beat who was seen daily are long gone. Those of us who have lived in ED  for years will remember our old beat officer Adrian Crust who spent around 10 years in the area. Adrian knew his patch and the informal chats he had with residents and businesses gave him essential information of crime/possible crime/concerns etc. Also for many years we had a local police station (plus police horses) where you could pop in to give/receive information. During the pandemic, the SNT held zoom meetings from their base at the time in Gipsy Hill. These were well advertised via social media and EDF - attendance varied from about 4 - 8 people.  The SNT is now based along with many other teams in Peckham Police Station. Dulwich Hill Team cover from Crystal Palace Road, Forest Hill Road, Wood Vale plus the Dawson Heights Estate, They work on foot so are limited in what they can cover on a shift. At the moment they are down to 2 staff due to sickness. On their way to the Cuppa Session, they were stopped by a number of residents who had various concerns i.e car thefts/damage etc which they noted.  Dulwich Library= this was used by SNT for a few sessions but was abandoned as residents felt uncomfortable in a public place with limited privacy. If privacy is requested in Christ Church- the police can access one of the vestry rooms. Whilst many of the regular attendees do have access to computers etc, the Wi Fi connection is not always brilliant in Christ Church. I will mention the idea of zoom meetings to the team when I next see them. The aim is to have monthly Cuppa Sessions during the day and continue with the evening quarterly meetings.   Police visibility over the year has been patchy as they have been called to cover riots/demonstrations etc. Many people complain that the police do not do anything- what has been noticed that incidents are not being reported to the police. This came up at the evening meeting where several comments were made about incidents (mobile phone thefts) which were taking place around a specific area. Despite the number of incidents- the victims had not actually informed the police on the basis that the police would not do anything. Details were given to the officers present at the meeting.  
    • Yes 14 cm wide 2 cm deep and 4 m of it.   Thanks, marnaf  but has to be wood to match the rest
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In