Beirut gig

prancingpony

No, damn it, I'm not! Anyone got a spare??

Saw them supporting Calexico a few years ago and they were great. Hopefully Zach is feeling fit and well and will play up to the usual standards.

Hope it is a great one for you, Prancingpony. V jealous!

It was really good although I was slightly miffed they didn't play "the night with the prostitute in marseilles" etc from the new album but I was completely in love with Zac Condon by the end of it; more so than I was before!!

I even got to meet him before the night was out, made a complete show of myself but that was definitely one of my top 5 best gig moments.

Gulag and Lon Gisland are my favourites too. The new one has a couple of good songs on it but it's split into 2 and neither are very long. Best songs being "My Wife" on March of the Zapotec and "the night with the prostitute from Marseille", I think.

They seemed on good form too, enjoying the crowd's enthusiasm. They pretty much could do no wrong by the crowd and there seemed to be a good feeling all round

All in all, great gig, would defintiely see them again

Ha! Great summary - glad you had a good time and most amusing about how you were when you met him. Happens to us all.

Thanks for the summary of the new album - I need to have a listen.