Just got clamped in Peckham Pulse car park - help! (Lounged)

Lizziedjango

ruffers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> thebeard Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > ruffers Wrote:

> >

>

> Even ignoring all the blah in that, you were

> thinking she was expecting a machine to apply

> common sense?

> You're funny.

Err no I was expecting the people who run the machines (who are paid for by all of us, to serve US) to use common sense and behave with a reasonable level of decency.

We?re all funny in our own I guess you mean I?m funny peculiar and not HAHA.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness - thanks for all the EXCELLENT advice you super dooper forumites you....I appealed and just got a letter from Southwark stating that its technicians had confirmed the machine had been broken, and I am going to be refunded the entire ?100 clamping charge that I had to pay at the time.

Yay!!!! :)

Common sense wins following much stress anxiety forum and letter writing.

I?d still be fuming over all the time and effort they should have paid you ?100 for your troubles.

Now that would have been a balanced approach.

Maybe then the machines would have been checked before they clamped you.

ITS

Still an Upside down world here in S?^$*y money grabbing Southwark.!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you feel really great!

Thank you, the beard.

It WAS extremely time consuming. I had to try and get through to Peckham Pulse's manager (no mean feat) and tried several times to get hold of the person. In the end, I was successful and this person was very helpful indeed. She had had a fair few complaints from punters and her staff re. cars being ticketed and clamped unfairly, and had arranged a meeting with the relevant authorities at Southwark to protest. She asked me to send her a copy of my appeal letter, which I did. IT took me ages to write the letter, as it is stated that Southwark 'doesn't take kindly' to receiving harshly worded letters. The council prefers you to be polite.

How ironic.

I think you can only know about the stress of having your car clamped if you have had it done. I actually agree with it being done if you are to blame, and have parked illegally or in a way to cause danger. But in my case Peckham Pulse had reported the broken machine to the council 5 days earlier and it had done nothing to rectify the issue, continuing to clamp and ticket people, even though it was impossible to get a ticket.

All's well that ends well though, thankfully.

I think we are living in what is effectively a police state on NOT run by the police it?s run by COUNCIL employed GANGS.

I?ve said it before it?s about justifying position / department and keeping themselves busy.

The more we stand for their nonsense the worst it will get.

I really do believe you should be awarded a payment for the time and effort and the anxiety and stress you were forced unjustly into by council staff if they got it wrong.

That is the least you should expect.

Maybe the individual council worker should be put on a warning and risk losing their job if further incompetent episodes occur.

As I said in my previous post they?d take a lot more care before issuing tickets and clamping.

Its DISGUSTING WE should not have to put up with such an IMBALANCED system.

I?ve had a number of fines where I should not have been fined in both Lambeth and Southwark.

After the personal stress of 2 appeals and meetings with parking adjudicators (both of which I won) I realised that it was far cheaper just to pay the fines the process is totally biased to the point where it is just an employment system the adjudicator makes his living from the system it?s just a farce. They could make it far more efficient and implement common sense to parking but then they?d all be out of work and then we?d have a load more on income support and unemployment benefit.

So all hail the Parking enforcement taxation and job creation system.

Soon there?ll be a Parking Uni get your BA in parking folks.