Climate change - man made?

Alan Dale

The thing that's so blinking frustrating with your point MM is that you talk about 'belief' vs. 'rational discussion',as if you're the rational one and everyone else is dogmatic.

Quite the opposite is true. The vast majority of the scientific industry has demonstrated time and again the links between human activity and the climate.

Driven by your own 'small government' ideology, you cherry pick isolated lunatics to prove that not everyone agreed with the experts, which means that you're only being 'reasonable', but as a consequence you claim we should do nothing.

There lies the rub - your motive is in the 'do nothing': you want to 'do nothing' because anything else would require organisation, government and a social commitment which you reject on dogmatic grounds. As a free marketeer, your position on climate change science works backwards from that.

It's the scientific equivalent of hailing David Icke as your messiah.

Ah, you old fraud! Trigonometry can only refer to triangles!

I guess you could have spherical geometry, but I don't think we could make much use of it unless we first assumed Earth to be a perfect sphere rather than just spheroid.

I suppose that the study of the Earth's measurements would be geomatics. However, I don't know that we would measure volume with that.

Ah No! Got it!

The study of the Earth's existence on four dimensions is called Geodetics.

That makes the mathematical interpretation of a perfect Earth a 'Geoid' with an 'ideal' surface calculated at 'mean sea level'.

• 5 months later...