Belham Primary

I know it's early days but I am considering this school as an option for my eldest for reception 2016.

I've scoured various sites but I can't find anything about the last distance offer (it's worth knowing whether we have any hope before I take it further - bearing in mind that in 2016 there could be siblings admitted from this year's Y1 class, although hopefully not as many as for 2017). I'm also interested in hearing from any parents sending their children there this year. Can you tell me what 'sold' Belham to you over the offer made through the Southwark admissions process?

I've seen some posts from Belham admin on this forum, so please chip in if you can help!

I live near to the school and was keen to know the last distance offered for this year as I'll be applying for my son this year so emailed them. They said the last distance was 800m, but reminded me that it could well be less next year due to potential sibling intake from this years year 1's. They're holding open days this autumn so I'd recommend booking onto one to see if it's the right fit for your child.

Thanks tomo. I was impatient so called them and they gave me the 800m figure too. We're well outside that and if it shrinks to 500m in later years as they predicted then there's absolutely no chance. Sigh.

Bear in mind that this is its first year of operation and they have been administering their own applications for Sep 2015. For 9/16, the Council will co-ordinate. Bear in mind that siblings will become more of an issue as time rolls on, as presently, there aren't any ! Distances will shrink as a consequence.

Digbina Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I know it's early days but I am considering this

> school as an option for my eldest for reception

> 2016.

>

> I've scoured various sites but I can't find

> anything about the last distance offer (it's worth

> knowing whether we have any hope before I take it

> further - bearing in mind that in 2016 there could

> be siblings admitted from this year's Y1 class,

> although hopefully not as many as for 2017). I'm

> also interested in hearing from any parents

> sending their children there this year. Can you

> tell me what 'sold' Belham to you over the offer

> made through the Southwark admissions process?

>

> I've seen some posts from Belham admin on this

> forum, so please chip in if you can help!