Friends wanted for the summer holidays

We've got chicken pox in our house (son's spots appeared today) so we're out of the social loop for a week, maybe more if my daughter catches it too... such a pain!

Anyone got good ideas for keeping children/parents sane while in quarantine??

Eugh Pickle, you're the 2nd post on here tonight with the dreaded pox...there's a lot of it about.

Lots of CBeebies I think, mixed in with some cake making, model making etc. Also, my eldest has had it, so I was always OK for a playdate anyway when friends little ones came down with it. However, DD2 has not yet had it, I'm praying she doesn't do what DD1 did, which was catch it 5 days before we were due to fly with her for the first time....we go away in early August...eek, may go into isolation between now and then! It was such a total pain.

If over 12 months old you can give them liquid Piriton, it helps a lot with the itching...I know I keep posting about it, but it really saved our life when O had it.

Molly

Molly, definitely a wise idea to stay in isolation between now and your trip, children have an uncanny knack of coming down with things at the worst times! And thanks for the Piriton tip, I have Zirtec for my son's hayfever (can be used in over 2's) so have dosed him up on that this morning and it does seem to have helped his itching. Poor wee man is coming out with more spots by the hour, we now have a lovely collection on his face. He's currently playing some kind of wrestling game with his little sister, so fingers crossed she comes down with it quickly so we get it over and done with.

The long gestation period is a complete pain isn't it. Hopefully he has sneezed all over her and shared the germs nicely, def. better if they both get it and then it is over and done with. I'm still feeding baby C a lot so fingers crossed she has some immunity, and if she does get it, it will be a mild dose.

Hope you don't go too stir crazy entertaining them until they get the all clear.

Molly

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry,been out of this thread for a little while now. So have any play dates been def set up. We will be free most days of the summer holidays. Once again mine are 7(girl),nearly 5(boy) and 6 months (boy).

Can meet up before the holidays but will only have 6 month old

Loopy

loopylou22 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry,been out of this thread for a little while

> now. So have any play dates been def set up. We

> will be free most days of the summer holidays.

> Once again mine are 7(girl),nearly 5(boy) and 6

> months (boy).

>

> Can meet up before the holidays but will only have

> 6 month old

>

> Loopy

I think we are going for Wednesdays P Rye picnic area..

citizenED Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just checking to see if anyone will be in Peckham

> Rye Park around 1.30 tomorrow. I'll be there with

> my 21 month old boy. Outside Cafe or in Pic-nic

> area?

I won't be free until Weds 29th July, onwards, as school only breaks up next Weds.