wanted: advice on roof repair

Tanza

I had a loft conversion done and my roof is still under guarantee.

The house next door was bought by a developer and his workers damaged our roof - by cutting the metal flashings when they did their loft up.

We didn't know there was any damage, until recently, long after he sold the house and the new occupants found water was leaking in. We also began to get a leak.

Our (lovely) loft conversion company said they would repair it as we have a roof guarantee - although it wasn't intended to repair damage caused by other people's workmen. So the repairs were intended to be out of kindness. (They are an excellent company)

But they are too busy to do it. They have too much work on. Time has clicked on about 6 months.

I'm nervous that the damage will increase to next door and I'll be liable, as I know about it and time is passing.

There's no chance of chasing the developer (long story, but that would be a fruitless task).

What would you do? Wait longer and hope the loft company can find the time versus pay someone else to get up on the roof? Is repairing metal flashings on a roof a big job? Any recommendations for who could do this?

Thanks

Archived