Life outside the Premiership

barty

Nope. As they were early season, if anything I think that they helped to bring the squad together, both in terms of playing style and team spirit given the turnover of players following relegation. Hughton would typically make 5 or 6 changes from league games for these matches.

More relevant were the injuries to key players at various stages of the season: at one time, both preferred right backs were out (Steve Carr and Jonathan Spector). David Murphy had a couple of months out, Jordon Mutch slightly longer, Guirane N'Daw and Keith Fahey in midfield, both Marlon King and Nikola Zigic picked up knocks (Zigic landing awkwardly after scoring his fourth at Leeds) and most recently Steven Caldwell and Boaz Myhill.

Not that anyone is using this as an excuse, injuries happen. Over two games against Blackpool we under-performed; despite this, had we taken our chances last night, I'd have been forking out around ?80 for a Wembley ticket today.

The good thing is, Blues fans are reacting positively to not making the play-off final. Disappointed but realistic.

And not one of 8,000 plus who partied in Brugge regrets our European run.

I had a ticket.

I have a mum. She LOVES cricket. She got tickets for Lord's on Saturday. She's no-one to go with.

I am a GOOD son.

I am also gutted but at least I'm old enough to have seen the Hammers at Wembley in the past and I can't let down me mum. :'(

El Pibe, I'd rather be a few miles further north :'( Having said that, as I didn't watch most of the 2nd half of 2006 after Konchesky had scored - just stared at the concrete on the Millenium Stadiums floor - then maybe crickets better for someone of my nervous disposition.

COYI

Come on England

:))

"She wore, she wore, she wore a claret ribbon she wore a claret ribbon in the merry month of May

and when I asked her why she wore that riboon, she siad "it's for my West Ham and we're going to Wemberley" WEMBERLEE, WEMBERLEE, WE'RE THE FAMOUS WEST HAM AND WE'RE GOING TO WEMBERLEE.

Getting a bit excited but it was 31 years ago FFS ...even 'Wall have been there recently

:)-D

• 11 months later...
Unbeleviable ,Bit like the Brentford v Doncaster game -and who was the Ref yes Michael Oliver . 1999 ,2006 can the Golden Boys do a Treble 2013 , after todays result I think so keeping fingers crossed,rabbits foot in pocket ect