Irish Festival

silverfox wrote:-

I go every year and always find it a bit of a shoddy afair with tatty stalls and very litle effort. Not a good advertisement for Ireland in my opinion.

Why go every year if all you do is complain about it, why go at all? Why not offer your services and expertise to improve it rather than denegrate it.

I like it being there every year and find it worth a visit. If you cant stand the heat keep out of the kitchen.

I wasn't complaining SteveT. It's an observation. I go every year because I think such events should be supported. I just think it's a shame that it's all a bit down at heel and much more could be done.

I will complain though about the funfair that happens at the same time - ?2.50 for a child to hook a duck and ?3 a token - daylight robbery.

PS you owe me for letting the (renamed) 'Where's the Thank you thread gone?' die!

• 1 month later...
Ah thats to do with our IP addresses!! when i was doing some internet searches i stumbled across a thing where you could buy an Irish IP address - but I doubt thats legal!! The London Rose won the Rose of Tralee - thats all I know about it this year, think the family didnt see it at all.. I've written to Gerry Ryan (you can listen to him online every day) and see if he does something - woohoo :)